• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

GoCentral Templates not loading (not working) looking for active GoCenteral USER please

I asked this question but I understand how to better understand how to ask it.  When I call support I get different answers.  I understand there are help guides, I am reading.

I am only being offered 16 themes.  Themes and templates are different.  Here is a list of the templates for go centeral:
    https://www.godaddy.com/website-templates

I AM NOT being shown any of these templates something is glitched or simply broken.  I am going to "Settings" > Site profile> PICKING A NEW CATEGOREY > logging out and logging back in.  I am 100% confident no different new or unique templates are being shown.  No matter what I do I only have one template option. It really seems like a glitch, customer support keeps telling me different things, I am really trying.

I realize I have wordpress options. I am just trying to figure out why my template options are not being listed when I change my settings.  (Business category)

5 REPLIES 5
    Highlighted
    Super User III Super User III
    Super User III

Re: GoCentral Templates not loading (not working) looking for active GoCenteral USER please

The words 'theme' and 'template' are often used interchangeably.  With GoCentral there are 16 different styles to choose from, it's actually the prepopulated content that is determined from the category you've selected.  If you'll notice in the gallery link you've provided all of the example sites are using one of those 16 styles.  Like School Example 9, Medical Support Example 4, as well as Music and DVD Example 4 are all in the same style. Then Lawyer Example 11 & 18 as well as Restaurant Example 17 & 18 are all in the same style.  There are subtle differences between them with options you can select in the design interface.  Be it fonts and colors or the selection and scaling of a header image.

Re: GoCentral Templates not loading (not working) looking for active GoCenteral USER please

HI!  Thank you!  One quick check here......
    I am just not seeing any changes when I change the business category.  The photos remain the same too 

If I change from "Florist" to "Medical Support"  under my settings.  I absolutely see how clicking the theme button changes the layout.

There is theme 1/16; 2/16; 3/16; 4/16; 5/16.  I SEE THE CHANGES but they are the same whether I choose medical, retail or blog business category.  I spent awhile looking for subtle differences.  You are suggesting the changes are there just small or possibly not within the areas I can see in the editor?  I just want to verify I am not glitched.  Seems weird its not noticeable changes from blog>florist>retail

There is theme 1/16; 2/16; 3/16; 4/16; 5/16. 

I SEE THE CHANGES as I click through, some are a big deal. Others not so much.

But they are the same whether I choose medical, retail or blog business category.  I spent awhile looking for subtle differences.  I just want to verify I am not glitched.  Seems weird its not noticeable changes from blog>florist>retail.  You are suggesting its just how it is.  Ty!

Super User III Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Here are two of the examples I pointed out.  Notice how they are the same style but have different colors, fonts and images.

https://www.godaddy.com/website-templates/example9-school-1165828661

https://www.godaddy.com/website-templates/example4-medical-support-3885270322

From what I understand the industry selection just determines the prepopulated content.  You can edit or even remove any of that and add in your own sections if needed.

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Great answer as usual @Nate. Thanks for helping out!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.