• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted
    New

GoCentral too limited - anchor navigation to sections is modern site design, and not supported

Having multiple pages is not the solution recommendation, please don't recommend that.

Navigation at the top should allow users to scroll to page sections (anchors) when clicked. Single page design is the way of sites now, changing pages on clicks must be minimized for efficient design.

What is the workaround for this limitation? Is there one? Without it I will have to cancel my site with GoCentral.

2 REPLIES 2
    Super User III
    Super User III

Re: GoCentral too limited - anchor navigation to sections is modern site design, and not supported

Hey there @aburma,

It sounds as if you may have grown out of website builders and need to move on to something like WordPress if you want more adaptability.

However, that being said, here's a workaround that may help from @JesseW

"You can link to any section on any page within GoCentral Website Builder. However, this is only possible with links in content or action buttons, not the navigation bar. Technically you could link to a section in your navigation by choosing the "external link" option when adding a page. However, this will always open the link in another browser tab, so it would probably get confusing for your website visitors."

The GoCentral developers are constantly adding in new features on a daily basis. If you can't wait for them to add in the features you specifically want then I highly suggest using something like WordPress. You have to remember that GoCentral is a website builder designed for ease of use by a novice. If you're noticing limitations that won't allow you to do what you want, you're no longer a novice.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

New

Re: GoCentral too limited - anchor navigation to sections is modern site design, and not supported

Who do I contact to switch my site builder options to WordPress instead?