• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

GoCentral website statistics and analytics

Recently, the number of website statistics was cut from 3 options (7 days, 30 days, 1 year) to just 2 (7 days, 30 days).

Guys - this is heading in the wrong direction!   Instead of cutting features, please add and improve the capabilities.  Perhaps you are ready to add a new feature (even if it's an additional paid option)?   

For the amount of time, effort, and money we put into these sites, getting a better look at if or what we are doing is working to drive traffic would be greatly appreciated.   Even if it is as simple as which pages are seen.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User II
    Super User II

Re: GoCentral website statistics and analytics

Hello 

Note: The cPanel Hosting provides in-built Analytics Tools that you can use. For Managed WordPress, I think you can use any WP analytics plugin.

Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy Pro | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, and ZulWeb.

I'm pretty sure I understand your answer, and while I'm sure you're technically correct, it really doesn't answer the question. I'm not interested in web server or log file kinds of statistics.   Changing platforms isn't the answer either (WordPress).   

I just want to see how many people are visiting my GoCentral website.   It used to show, 1 week, 1 month, and 1 year.  The elimination of the 1 year was the trigger, but not really the issue.   The data is there (now only numbers, no longer a graph), but reducing the usability stinks.   It smells like a not so subtle nudge to buy an add on service, which I can live with.   BUT, where is the option or opportunity to get this fairly fundamental capability?

Solution

Hi @Jackin614,

I was also pretty irate with the removal of this info. When I asked the tech team why, I was instructed to forget that information and add Google Analytics to my site. 

https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-google-analytics-to-my-site-27179

This may help, but I was much happier before with my basic graphical 7 day, 30 day, 12 months graphical information. How can it be so hard to just give it back to us. We pay good money for these services.

No happy. :-(