• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Helper IV Helper IV
    Helper IV

GoDaddy IP address on Blacklist? How to remove?

One of my customers Managed WordPress sites is being hosted on a server with another customer who is infected supposedly.

http://www.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi using the IP address of 

yields this

IP Address 160.153.137.19 is listed in the CBL. It shows signs of being infected with a spam sending trojan, malicious link or some other form of botnet.

It was last detected at 2017-02-28 20:00 GMT (+/- 30 minutes), approximately 10 days, 2 hours, 29 minutes ago.

The infected host name is "www.infinai.com", and this link has an example of the malicious redirect: 

"http://www.infinai.com/wp-content/themes/phantol/793d4d8611.html" Depending on the infection type, there may be dozens more malicious redirection pages under www.infinai.com.

Is there someone at GoDaddy that can inform or take down the site in question sharing the IP with our customers?

Alex Sirota, PMP - NewPath Consulting - Schedule some time with Alex
    "At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    5 REPLIES 5
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

Re: GoDaddy IP address on Blacklist? How to remove?

Hi @Alex-NewPath,

you would be best speaking directly with support in regards to this serious matter. 

Hope you get it sorted soon. 

Helper IV Helper IV
    Helper IV

Is there a way to report this electronically or is this has to be done through a phone call?

Alex Sirota, PMP - NewPath Consulting - Schedule some time with Alex
    "At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Good luck getting anywhere with customer support on this issue. I have the exact same issue with my site. I was very frustrated with customer service and spent way too long explaining the issue with the tech not understanding what blacklisting was, how to use whois, or understanding how and what co-hosting is. It seemed if I wanted any chance of resolution, I would need to teach the tech all of these concepts and more and may still not have the issue resolved.

You may read a post that I wrote about the frustration that I recently had with customer support at https://www.godaddy.com/community/Managed-WordPress-Hosting/Shared-WordPress-hosting-and-security-is.... I'm hopeful that someone at GoDaddy will actually read the post and reply with something, even if it is 'thanks for your feedback, we are looking into how best to address the issues you noted...' It would make me think they may be attempting to address the issues even if nothing changes. The support staff did not resolve a single issue that I had contacted them about. I resolved all of the issues myself except the last one, which only GoDaddy can resolve but seem unwilling to take steps to resolve the issue. It impacts more than just my site so I do not understand why GoDaddy does not take any action at all. GoDaddy's reputation is very much impacted by the inaction of the customer support team. 

I totally agree. It feels like godaddy employs the most incompetent employees. We have been dealing with the same issue for over a month. We have spent a total of 7 hours of call time over 8-9 phone calls, but no luck. The problem is they don't even know how DNS and these things work. Two of them had never heard of the term rDNS (yet they work in hosting support).

We are extremely unhappy with them and planning to move my business elsewhere. I am sure they will be loosing tons of customers for this.

Good Luck!

Good luck, is all you need. It feels like godaddy employs the most incompetent employees. We have been dealing with the same issue for over a month. We have spent a total of 7 hours of call time over 8-9 phone calls, but no luck. The problem is they don't even know how DNS and these things work. Two of them had never heard of the term rDNS (yet they work in hosting support).

We're extremely unhappy with them and planning to move my business elsewhere. I am sure they will be loosing tons of customers for this.

Good Luck!