• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

GoDaddy New Order Confirmations

So I have received a couple orders through my online store, and noticed that godaddy does NOT send the store owner a notification email that there is an order. Unless I log into my godaddy store I would never know I have an order.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to get notified I have an order? If not, that seems like a huge glitch to me.

Thanks!!

27 REPLIES 27
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

Re: GoDaddy New Order Confirmations

Hello @dragonfly477,

What kind of storefront are you using to run your website?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

I have the godaddy premium online store.

Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

I'm not intimately familiar with the GoDaddy Online Store product but I couldn't seem to find any order option notifications for the store owner. Of course I could be wrong but I looked at just about everything I could find. Maybe someone else in the Community can tell you better?

There is a Feedback button on the right side of your dashboard, maybe that is a great place to suggest owner notifications as a Feature Improvement? Sorry that I couldn't help more. Happy selling!

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

I'm having the same issue here. I've looked everywhere and can't find the setting that enables notification of new orders. This is pretty annoying. Surely this exists.

I'm in the process of pulling all the pieces together for an online business. I read this discussion and wondering if it's been resolved? A business owner receiving order notifications is more than a matter of convenience. It necessary. I haven't pulled out the credit card to pay the GoDaddy fee for an online store and won't if it means logging onto GoDaddy every day checking for orders. Support, any word on this, please?

Did you ever find an answer to this?  I've been using GoDaddy for about 4 months.  I got order confirmations emailed to me like clockwork until it just stopped about 2 weeks ago.  Now, I only know I got a new order my looking at Stripe notifications.  I didn't change anything in my online store....

Still working for me getting emails about every order. When you open up your email look for tools and then select notifier from the drop down. Install and every time you get an order or a email you will be notified on your computer and your smart phone. I have been with godaddy for 7 years now and never had an issue.

Don

We are having the same problem.  It started with our christmas rush in mid december and just had another one that the only way we found out was via stripe notification.  Will be calling in the morning.

for us it has been hit and miss.  So weird and Go Daddy wasn't able to help us figure it out.

Christian2 - I figured it out.  They are now going to the Junk/Spam box.  Check there.  We found ours in there.  The email setting have probably been updated to be more cautious.  Make sure you put the "noreply" address into your contacts to ensure you start getting your emails again!

@christian2 wrote:

Did you ever find an answer to this?  I've been using GoDaddy for about 4 months.  I got order confirmations emailed to me like clockwork until it just stopped about 2 weeks ago.  Now, I only know I got a new order my looking at Stripe notifications.  I didn't change anything in my online store....

@dragonfly477 

I just figured out they are going into spam/junk box.  Make sure you add the "noreply" email address to your contacts.  Your email thinks this is junk. 

New

Me too!  I've made no changes to either of my TWO website stores, and they BOTH stopped sending me order confirmations a few weeks ago!  Does anybody have a clue how to get the email notices working again???

New

Did you get your email notice problem fixed?  How?

dpease@fuse.net

New

After 6.5 years of receiving notifications mine stopped working. When I shipped I would get a copy but not new orders. Nothing had changed...

Godaddy rep told me to have only one email in the notifications, I had had two for years, I removed one and notifications started again.

they said they are working on the issue, I haven't found a rep to tell me if it was fixed yet.

Hi All,

When an order is placed on my GoDaddy Online Store, I receive an e-mail from GoDaddy. I guess this occurs because when I setup my online store, I was asked for the e-mail address associated with my account. 

What I would really like is an auto response to my customers acknowledging that an order has been received. Has anyone found that?

Marsha Fox

literacyenterprises@gmail.com

This happens to me as well.  In the past I had to call my e-mail provider and they had to unblock some things on their end.  After getting several orders sometime the servers think that you are getting to much e-mail from the same place and thinks that it maybe SPAM so it starts to block the e-mails.  For me it happens about every 6 months that I have to call and try to get it fixed.  I am going through it again as we speak.  It is very frustrating.

Look under setup and then go to E-mail templates.  There is a series of templates that you can use for various things on your site.

I'm going through right now again.  I had to call my e-mail provider to fix it as Godaddy was unhelpful.  Currently mine is still not working.

I have to take this back to the original issue.  According to my chat with customer service today, the only order confirmation is to a single text message.  I find this to be a drastically insufficient link in MY customer service chain.  Order fulfillment is left to a single person who may or may not miss the text.  PLEASE, GoCentral developers, add the ability to text multiple phone numbers, or better yet, multiple email addresses.  This alone is a reason for me to switch hosts and go back to HTML.

Helper V

Has this ever been resolved?

No.  It's a setup only suitable for a mom & pop business.  I have done some workarounds, like setting email filters to autoforward anything that looks like an order to my staff that handles them, but it's not a comprehensive or foolproof solution.

Helper V

So you're getting an email or a text message?

one of each

Helper V

Thanks.

i would like to suggest that the feature for a text notification if someone made an order be available outside us.

(https://www.godaddy.com/garage/standout-tools-godaddy-gocentral-online-store-text-message-notificati...)

Employee
    Employee
    Solution

Hi @dragonfly477,

To answer your question: Yes, the store owner should receive an order notification via email. As some other posts have suggested, you may want to check the Spam/Junk Email folders on your email address to see if the order notifications are being filtered on arrival. Also ensure the email address receiving the notifications is able to do so (i.e. is not at its storage capacity, is setup properly to receive emails).

If you find you are not receiving an email when orders are placed, we would want to review how the account is setup and ensure it is functioning properly. Please contact Customer Support for assistance.

James - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support