• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

GoDaddy Newbie and I need help adding text anchors for navigation

Hi there, I'm new to GoDaddy but have managed to set up my website and have found the process very straightforward so far.

My issue is that I now want to add anchors on one of my pages so that the 4 'read more' buttons on my home page will go to the right sections on the other page.

I did a bit of HTML many years ago so thought I would need to add some HTML elements and use the div tag but it shows up on my pages (can I hide it?) and I can't seem to format the displayed text as I want (Special Elite font, font size 20 and colour grey).

Am I missing an easier solution or can somebody tell me the code I need to put in?

Also, will I be able to edit the HTML code for my 'read more' buttons to link to the anchors?

Many thanks for your help!

4 REPLIES 4
    Highlighted
    Advocate VI Advocate VI
    Advocate VI

Re: GoDaddy Newbie and I need help adding text anchors for navigation

For questions about HTML syntax, I'd recommend just using Google and/or going to one of the reputable sources when it comes to programming standards. For example, I just Googled html anchors and got plenty of results. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=html+anchors&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

One thing you can be pretty sure of, when it comes to programming. Whatever problem you're trying to solve, someone out there has probably already solved it (or documented it) and you just have to look for it!

Helper I
    Solution

@Iggyliz wrote:

Hi there, I'm new to GoDaddy but have managed to set up my website and have found the process very straightforward so far.

My issue is that I now want to add anchors on one of my pages so that the 4 'read more' buttons on my home page will go to the right sections on the other page.

I did a bit of HTML many years ago so thought I would need to add some HTML elements and use the div tag but it shows up on my pages (can I hide it?) and I can't seem to format the displayed text as I want (Special Elite font, font size 20 and colour grey).

Am I missing an easier solution or can somebody tell me the code I need to put in?

Also, will I be able to edit the HTML code for my 'read more' buttons to link to the anchors?

Many thanks for your help!

Your probably confused cause ur in vNext.  See my reply here, vNext doesnt support custom html, but does have its advantages.

If you want to stick with vNext the only workaround I can currently think of is making multiple versions of the same page, and re-ordering the content so the section you would have anchored to would be at the top.  Then link to that version of the page.  God that's so wrong I wish I hadn't mentioned it.  Actually you'll have to use this guys workaround to keep those other pages out of the nav (waiting for him to post the workaround)

Hi, thanks for responding.

I've been googling the syntax but I can't seem to hide the HTML element box behind the text box I want to keep visible?

I'm seeing a lot of stuff on this forum that implies I can't do what I'm trying to do?

Wow, thanks - that confirms what I was suspecting.

What a workaround, as an ex-programmer I feel your pain!!!