• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Google Adsense and Go Daddy - confused

Hello,  

I have a go daddy website builder for my business and I am trying to make money on line.  I signed up for Google Adsense and ads are running on my website as of today.  There is a message on my Adsense page when I log in that says "Earnings at risk - You need to fix some ads.txt file issues to avoid severe impact to your revenue.".  

I'm confused.  The ads are running.  According to the Go Daddy forum Ive found that I cannot ad add.text to my website, it is not an option. 

Since my ads are running, is everything okay? Can I start earning money online....?  I'm confused by all this.

4 REPLIES 4
    Super User III Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Re: Google Adsense and Go Daddy - confused

The file is not mandatory to participate in the Google AdSense program.  It has been mentioned that the developers may add this file in a future update.  The warning is a little misleading as smaller websites are not likely to face the issue this file addresses.

Super User III

Update: this feature has been added in a recent update.

Add your publisher ID to an ads.txt file

1. Sign in to your AdSense account.
    2. In the alert on your homepage, click Fix now.
    3. Click the Down arrow Down Arrowto open the "Add your publisher ID to these ads.txt files" message.
    4. Click Copy.
    5. In your GoCentral Site Settings, under Display Ads activate the ads.txt file and Paste the line into the textbox.

Your ads.txt file should now look like this, where pub-0000000000000000 is your own publisher ID:

google.com, pub-0000000000000000, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

GC-adsdottext.gif

@Nate @Rightwaybuild 

How to solve the ads.txt issue for Website Builder Business Plan ? I have taken this plan and renewal is another 3 years from now.

The steps you mentioned is for GoCentral and not applicable for the above plan.

In the meantime I have already lost approximately 40 to 50 per cent AdSense revenue for not being able to comply with their condition to add the ads.txt file

Unlike GoCentral plan, I understand till now GoDaddy do not give access to the root doamin or provide any other option to its own clients of Website Builder to add ads.txt file to root doamin.

How to request GoDaddy's technical team who can at least host the file to the root domain on my behalf ? Earnestly request to help please to sort out this matter. 

Super User III
    Solution

The steps above are for GoCentral or Website Builder v8.  If you have v6 or v7 you can contact support about migrating to the new service.

According to documentation from Google the ads.txt file is not mandatory, I am not seeing it say Google would penalize your account.  If you can help me find that.