• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Google Analytics - Measurement ID not allowed?

I've signed up for google analytics.  I have a measurement ID because I signed up for web+mobile.  Thus, my google analytics ID is formatted to start with a G and not UA.  There is no UA-1232344 tracking number.  The Measurement ID format, for example, is G-123HXJKI12.  When I try to enter this into my website builder under Google Analytics, I get the following error message "Check your Tracking ID and try again".

Does GoDaddy not support the MeasurementID feature for Google Analytics?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Employee

Hello @ontimeindustrie and thank you for being a part of the Community!

I apologize for the delayed response. Were you able to resolve this issue and do you mind sharing how?

If you were not able to resolve this issue, I did research potential solutions. From my understanding of what I found, the Measurement ID uses expo analytics and is not supported at the moment. (Source: GitHub)

GoDaddy does offer the option to add Google Analytics to your site to track your website. In the guide linked, it shows screenshots of where you can access your tracking ID within your Google Analytics account.

At this time, only a tracking ID can be entered in the Google Analytics field within your builder. Again I apologize for the delayed response and hope you found these resources helpful.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
    Employee

Hello @ontimeindustrie and thank you for being a part of the Community!

I apologize for the delayed response. Were you able to resolve this issue and do you mind sharing how?

If you were not able to resolve this issue, I did research potential solutions. From my understanding of what I found, the Measurement ID uses expo analytics and is not supported at the moment. (Source: GitHub)

GoDaddy does offer the option to add Google Analytics to your site to track your website. In the guide linked, it shows screenshots of where you can access your tracking ID within your Google Analytics account.

At this time, only a tracking ID can be entered in the Google Analytics field within your builder. Again I apologize for the delayed response and hope you found these resources helpful.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post

Hi @SG4101. I was not able to solve this.  I have read your solution and will follow those instructions.  Thank you for your time.