• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

HELP! Old website deleted new website created and OLD WEBSITE IS still showing up!

I am so frustrated and extremely upset! I’m not sure what more to do, GoDaddy hasn’t been able to help me with my issue after making contact 3 times now!

Lets pray someone can assist and help me with this issue – this is detrimental to my business and causing a lot of issues!!!

I DELETED my old website on Tuesday 18th June I created a new website on Wednesday/Thursday 19th 20th June!

WHY is my old website still coming up when searched, link clicked on from Facebook, Instagram and my email signature.  I thought this was resolved the first and second time I made contact and STILL THIS IS NOT RESOLVED!!! To make it even worse my OLD website that’s showing up constantly users click on any part of the page and it says “404 not found” THIS IS NOT A PROFESSIONAL LOOK WHEN ITS MEANT TO BE PERMANENTLY GONE!! clearly I have deleted this, It’s not in “my products anymore and I received an email advising so”

THE only website that should be showing is the current one I have made and is sitting in “my products”

HOW CAN I BE PUT AT EASE!! That my old website will be permanently removed.  I really don’t want to receive another message from a customer advising me that the website is not working AS IT’S THE OLD WEBSITE I DELETED IS SHOWING!! NOT MY NEW ONE!!!!

Any advice would be much appreciated!

7 REPLIES 7
    Super User III
    Super User III

Re: HELP! Old website deleted new website created and OLD WEBSITE IS still showing up!

@aymepeyton

I am going to assume both websites were on go central. Can you provide your domain name and let us know something to look for to know it’s the new site.

There could be a couple reasons this is happening
    1) DNS issue so even though you deleted the old site until the DNS updates across the internet which can take 24-48hours it is possible it is still showing

2) Caching if both sites are on the same platform (and perhaps the same ip) it’s possible that people visiting the site who have been there before are getting a “local” copy of the site

3) it’s possible there is something linked in godaddy’s backend system that is still pointing at the old account

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Super User III Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Re: HELP! Old website deleted new website created and OLD WEBSITE IS still showing up!

I'll add sites like Google and Facebook keep a database with info on websites they get from crawling or scanning the websites.  The information is generally updated on a regular basis which can take a little time, but they also have tools to check how they see your site and request a rescan.

https://www.google.com/webmasters

https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/

Thanks for answering my query. 

Old website: at the top the name is in a box "The Garland Girl"

New Website: has The Garland Girl logo in a circle pink colour.

Still having major issues - new customers who have never come across my business have searched for my website and still coming up with the old website then for example they will click on laybuy now or gallery etc and it comes up with 404 not found.

so frustrating and extremely unprofessional 😞 

I'm not sure what website builder it is as this is my first time creating one but under "My Products" it says Website Builder Business vNext hope that helps.

Thanks 

Super User III Super User III
    Super User III

It sounds like Google still has outdated info in their database from the last time they scanned your website.  This would eventually be updated as they rescan sites regularly.  Though you can set up a free Google Webmaster Tools account to check how Google sees your website as well as request a rescan.

Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

@aymepeyton 

As Nate said you may have to request a rescan - I'm based in the US and when I did a search I found your facebook page and then put in the URL (thegarlandgirl.co.nz) it came up with the correct site.

I also used a browser shot website (https://www.geoscreenshot.com/) which did some international tests and they all came up fine - if you / your customers are still getting the old site after a few more days I would also check what internet provider they are using. Some of the providers here in the US do a caching service at the network level to help provide "faster" internet - however if that cache isn't cleared people would still get your old site.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Super User I
    Super User I
    Solution

@aymepeyton 

I'm showing your new website here in the US - Indiana. 

I took screenshots for you as well, that you can view here. I'm showing no bad links on the website as they all worked perfectly fine on my computer. 

I agree with @PL281 and @Nate , it can take a while for propagation to complete and for all internet providers sync up with your new website/information. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
    Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

Thank you so much! I agree, I think I'll pull it all down from all social media sites etc until it sorts itself in the background for 1 week and try again. 

Thank you for your advice, extremely helpful.