• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

HTML for pop up ads not working

I have a sports streaming website which i monetize with pop up ads. The html code on the website builder works with popads or amazon but when I try other pop up services (popcash and propellor ads) it doesn't work. The html code for popcash and propellor ads works fine with my blogger sites but not with my godaddy website for some reason. I contacted popcash to see if they could see the problem, and they said it looked like some of the code needed was removed. Why would the html part of the goddady remove parts of code?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@davyboy70 

To Website Builder, no. Unfortunately, javascript is a bit of a mule on the modern internet due to the ease with which you can plant malware in it. Designers have been moving away from javascript for years now and most browsers block it out of hand. In order to use the popups you want to use, I think it'll take a change of platform.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Product Team

The HTML widget uses an iframe, so pop-ups won't work. (We have pop-up banner on our roadmap.).  The HTML widget will support javascript within an iFrame. 

8 REPLIES 8
    Super User II

@davyboy70 

I'm not 100% positive on this one, so one of the devs might want to chime in to correct me, but I'm going to guess that those popup add services use code that is incompatible with the platform. For example, if it uses javascript, I don't think it can run those.

* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Thanks, I think you are correct

Hi, do you (or anyone else) know how to add javascript code to website builder?

@davyboy70 

To Website Builder, no. Unfortunately, javascript is a bit of a mule on the modern internet due to the ease with which you can plant malware in it. Designers have been moving away from javascript for years now and most browsers block it out of hand. In order to use the popups you want to use, I think it'll take a change of platform.

@davyboy70 @MrVapor It is possible to occasionally get javascript to run in one of the HTML sections in Websites + Marketing. However, it often doesn't work. One of the main reasons is many scripts try to reference additional scripts/libraries that are located outside of your website. Since the HTML section uses an iframe to encapsulate the script, it won't let you do that. If you can find a script that runs entirely within a single iframe, it may work. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

@JesseW 

Thank you. That is a better way of putting it. It CAN work, but I've never got it to work reliably. Also, Javascript is the devil.

Thanks guys

Product Team

The HTML widget uses an iframe, so pop-ups won't work. (We have pop-up banner on our roadmap.).  The HTML widget will support javascript within an iFrame.