• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

HTML in gocentral

We're switching to gocentral for our website.  The one remaining problem is a google maps page that uses a dozen disk files for jscripts, icons, css, etc.  I can't figure out how to migrate this page into gocentral.  The idea of the page is that it uses google fusion tables to store locations of interest to our members.  The user enters his current location and then can see the locations within a specified range,  so this is a bit dynamic.  I could move the code to  any hosted site and be up and running in 2 minutes.  I'm at a loss to see how to do this in gocentral.  Have considered putting all of the files in google drive and referencing them from the html slot but that seems really really ugly.  Ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
    New

Re: HTML in gocentral

I've tried putting the index html into a html box and referencing all the required files from google drive.  So far there is no joy.  I get part of the display, but no map.  and strange colors for the text.  The desired screen can be seen at http://alanonla.org/SearchableMap/index.html if you're interested in this sort of thing. 

New

The bad news is that I don't think it can be done.  Godaddy's iFrames are useless for a serious single web page like the one I referenced above without the ability to store the supporting files in a directory that can be accessed by the website.  When they claim that you can use css, jscripts, etc I don't see a way to do this without disk access.  File access is actually available ... I can upload files to be downloaded but I can't make use of them in any other way.  So, custom code is apparantly only useful for trivial cases. An HTML iFrame alone won't get me there.  I'll need to look for another solution. I must have the ability to display member locations on a map.

Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Hi @oldbob. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! As you've no doubt concluded, GoCentral probably isn't the best platform for your project. It's intended to let those with very little experience get up and running quickly. For the most part, if a feature isn't already built into the platform, you probably won't be able to add it. For what you want to do, you'd be better off building a custom site or using a framework like WordPress. Sorry Man Sad

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.