• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Has anyone hosted a .net core 2 Web App on an Economy Plan?

Hi All, I've today uploaded a .net core 2 web application to my Economy Windows hosting plan. I think everything is right on my end but I'm getting a 500 error when I try to access the site. I spoke to tech support for a good hour and a half and it came down to him not being certain that .net core 2 apps are supported (or any .net core for that matter), even though a salesman told me it would be. But still, I hold onto hope that it's some setting I can change that will make it work because the Economy plan is a great price and it works great for my other non-core site. Does anyone know how to get a .net core 2 web application working on the Economy plan? Any hints as to what it might be?

1 REPLY 1
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Re: Has anyone hosted a .net core 2 Web App on an Economy Plan?

Hi @dsw7

I can confirm that we don't currently support ASP Core 1 or 2 at the moment on any of our shared hosting platforms. Though we may support Core 1 later in the year. You'd need to consider a VPS or Dedicated Server if you wanted to have that functionality. Sorry for any confusion. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.