• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Have a French website but my Blog Language is in English. How to change?

I have a french website and when I add a blog to my website, the blog is in English... It makes no sense and looks very unprofessionnal. How do I change it?

There are a lot of lacking features with GoCentral and I am strongly considering changing builder.......... I can't even have justified text unless I code with HTML, otherwise the page looks very amateur. It feels like I have to recode everything all the time, but when it comes to the blog, this is something I cannot even code because it displays the buttons in ENGLISH while articles are written in FRENCH. 

Please help fix this or suggest a better builder. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User III
    Super User III

Re: Blog Language

@sebastienhb 

It sounds as if you've chosen the wrong platform on which to build your site. Some of the features that it sounds like you require simply aren't available at the moment. It's a very simple website designer made for beginners who want to get online quickly.

You may want to look into a WordPress or another CMS to build your site that offers more adaptability to your requirements.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

If I change for Wordpress (it seems like GoDaddy offers this platform, right?) ... will I lose everything I've built so far?

Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

@sebastienhb 

You wouldn't lose it, per se. If you use your own pictures, you should still have those. Make sure you copy all the content so you can transfer/paste it into the WP site. 

You will have to learn the basics of WordPress and it does have a bit steeper of a learning curve. Here are some free plugins you should check out so you can replicate the look you want:

• Theme: GeneratePress is lightweight, optimized, and ready to go out of the box.
    • Website Builder Plugin: Elementor is easy to learn and use to make awesome looking sites.
    • Add other plugins at your leisure but don't go overboard.
    • Get at least a Deluxe level shared hosting product if you want to get the best "cheap" option

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community