• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Having problems writing text to my pages

I have been building my site since July with no problems. Last night I was trying to write content on my site when I noticed that my words were being scrambled up. When I would type a word and hit the space bar the cursor would jump to another place on the page and mess up my text. Ive rebooted and nothing I tried pulling up another page and it would do the same thing. I tried another computer and same thing. It does not do it on any other site but Go Daddy. Help me. I don’t have a lot of time to build my site and when I do this happens. I spent all day yesterday trying to figure this out, but I come up with nothing. I am avoiding calling support in fear of getting someone with an accent I cannot understand.

thank you

t-claude63

tangiwormfarm.com

17 REPLIES 17
    Highlighted
    Helper V

Re: Having problems writing text to my pages

@T-claude63  This is highly unusual. It sounds like an issue GoDaddy needs to be made aware of. Don't be afraid of calling customer support. I have never received anyone I couldn't understand. I believe all the reps are based in the US, at least for US support. Chat is a different story.

Thank you hopeful I have no problem writing on facebook or emails or on this community board but it will not let me type on my web site to edit my pages. That is why I think its a gd problem. I thought more people would be having this problem.

I will call tomorrow I’m glad to here about not having a problem with the language differences. 

T-Claude63

It happens to me too. Every time I hit a space bar or backspace button, cursor jumps to the very top of the page. Very frustrating and time consuming. The only way around it is to type what I need to say on Notepad or similar and then copy and paste it to where it needs to go. 

I work a full time job and only work on my web site when I have time. I would think that these so called geniuses could fix this since I am paying for this. I’m always on the run and don’t have time to talk on the phone. If the next time I have time to work on my web site and it does not work I will cancel.
    cstrasia
    Former Employee

@T-claude63@Matreshka1976,

Which browser are you using?  And are you on your desktop/laptop or editing your site on a mobile device? If mobile, what kind of device?

thanks,

ChristieS

GoCentral PM

Hi @cstrasia I am using safari on IPad 10 and always have trouble with it.

Using an iPad. Been using it the whole time I’m using Firefox. No problems starting web site then one night I was adding some info to my site and it started. I work a lot an only work now my page every now and then.

Employee
    Employee

Hi, thank you for bringing this to our attention. This sounds like a bug when editing on the iPad and we will look into it. 

Rachel

Thanks for responding, if you can help me i would appreciate it so i can finish my web site. I cannot write any content on my pages. As soon as i type a word and hit space the cursor jumps back to beginning. It didn’t do this in the beginning when I started my page.

thanks

claude

Employee
    Employee

Hi Claude, I understand how frustrated you are. i was able to isolate the bug to editing on iPads. If you have access to a laptop or desktop computer, or even your mobile phone, you could try editing on those devices instead. Again, I am sorry for this poor experience. I will work with my development team to try and get it fixed soon.

Rachel

The best way I found is to type it up on your notepad or word doc on computer, then copy and paste it into site content. It’s far from ideal and godaddyshould fix it. Just like they should give us social buttons to post items on visitors Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter. There is no way to use social media to promote our products unless we use our own accounts. Other people cannot stare out items which is really bad for business. Godaddy has those buttons all over their content but doesn’t give us the option to put it in our stores. Too many problems with godaddy. When my first year comes up I may switch platforms. Frustrating. And customer service of no help whatsoever when I call them.
    Product Team
    Product Team

HI,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with GoCentral online store.  We do understand the importance of letting your customers share products on their social channel.  But, we feel its more effective and more powerful to let you (the merchant) promote on the social channel and build a strong group of followers.  With that in mind we enabled facebook posting and are working on enabling you to post your offerings on other social channels.  That said,  we'll try to prioritize the capability for your consumers to share your offering/store on social channels.  Thanks for this feedback. 

Let us know if you any additional feedback/suggestions. 

Thanks,

Mohan Kumaresh

Product Manager, GoCentral Online stores

I went to my page tonight and its still not working. Every time i hit the space bar it jumps back to the beginning. This has been going on way to long. You cannot tell me you cannot fix this. Am i going to have to find another site to build my web page. Can any one figure this out or not. I believe i have been more than patient. GoDaddy keeps taking money out of my bank but I cannot go live with my web site.

if this is something that you cannot fix at least let me know. I posted this problem and i am getting no help. 

Employee
    Employee

@T-claude63 Hi, I am not sure if you saw my previous reply to you. I understand how frustrated you are. i was able to isolate the bug to editing on iPads. I assure you we hear you and understand how annoying it is to have the cursor jump every time you hit space bar. I prioritized this bug with my development team. It's not always immediately known how to fix issues like this, so we are researching how we can fix it. Once a fix is determined and coded, we will test it and get it released. Unfortunately these things can sometimes take time and are not immediate. I am not sure if you have access to a laptop or desktop computer, but using one of those devices instead of an iPad would be my suggestion as a workaround. Thank you for your patience. Again, I am very sorry for this annoying bug and promise you we are working on it.

Rachel

Employee
    Employee
    Solution

@T-claude63 I am happy to report the iPad bug has been fixed. You should be able to type on your iPad and not have the cursor jump around. Again I am sorry this caused you so much frustration, and I understand if you have already given up, but I hope you will give us another try. 

Thank you,

Rachel

I will go there tomorrow. Thank you for your help in solving problem.

i was frustrated and was not getting any help until you responded.

when i go to my site and type on it i will contact you to let you know it works

thank you 

claude

It’s working thank you @RachelB!