• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    New

Hello from Vegas baby! - Need help with Website Builder form.

I'm new to the community and am also a new small business owner. I've managed to build my website and have included a form for clients/customers to complete on one of my pages. What I've found is that the generic form that you drag from the toolbar has a dark gray SUBMIT button on the bottom left of the form. But so far I've not been able to figure out how to actually use that button, move it, edit it in any way or even delete it. When hovering over it it doesn't do anything and simply is part of the whole form as if it were painted onto it or whatever. Technical support wasn't able to help me at all, she not ever having been approached by anyone about this particular problem. The only way I've figured out how to get around the problem is to drag a new button and place over the top of the other one, which means it has to be placed on the lower left of the form. I would have preferred to have the SUBMIT button in the middle. Has anyone else ever noticed this and, more importantly, have you been able to figure out how to program, move it, edit it in any way or delete it? Thanks and I'm stumped in Vegas!

1 REPLY 1
    Community Manager

Hi @swtrnr

Welcome to the community! Thanks for taking the time to post.

The way your submit button for your form is positioned and styled is determined by the style of your sites template. There isn't a direct way to change this at this time. However, you should be able to do so by using CSS coding in your site's "Site-wide Code" settings. I was able to do this on a test account using the following script:

<style>
        input.form-submit {
        position: relative !important;
        left: 150px !important;
    </style>

This code moves the button 150px from the left border of the square the form is in. Depending on the size of your form, you may need to adjust that number so that the button appears where you want it to. Keep in mind that the change may not appear to work in your editor. I had to publish my site before I saw the change take effect. Also, you'll want to consider how the form appears on the mobile version of your site, as this type of change will also take effect there. 

One other thing, I wanted to let you know I moved your post to the Building and Managing a Website board as it seemed more in line with your issue. I also updated the subject to let people know what you needed help with. 

Does anyone else in the community have other suggestions on how to modify your site? Would be great to see what others think.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.