• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Hiding a category or sub category

I see that you can hide a product from showing up in your store. It would be great if you could hide an entire category. I make jewelry and would love to hide a category such as "Christmas" rather than having to go into each product and hiding it. Is this something that might be in the works?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Hiding a category or sub category

Spoke to them online today, just building my site, 

Asked them if you create a category that would disappear if nothing was added, hence invisible until you use it, answer is NO, kinda lame, but you will have to add and remove when required

Product Team
    Product Team
    Solution

Hi @CreativeObs & @citymotors,

Thanks for reaching out. Are present, we don't support hiding/unhiding categories.  Categories were supposed to represent structured way of browsing products for your new as well as you return customers.  We are looking at a concept of 'Collections' that could be used to temporarily group products and merchandise it on your storefront. E.g. Christmas gifts, Summer collection etc.  But, we don't have definitive timeline to share with you right now.   Meanwhile, you could create temporary categories, use it to the same effect and delete it when not needed. All products under this category would still be available on store.

Hope this helps,

Mohan Kumaresh, 

Product Manager, Online stores

go to your main menu then go daddy hide page.PNG

If a product sub-category has not yet been used or associated with a product, is there a way to make it NOT appear in the drop down category menu?  I've preloaded a hundred sub-categories to lay the foundation for products I plan to load in the future, but if a product with that sub-category is not yet added, I don't want it to appear.  (Ex:  I have a category of "Color" with 30 subcategories of various colors.  Right now, I only have products listed associated with 5 colors, so I only want those 5 colors to appear in the drop down - so the customer doesn't have to sort through product I don't have.)  Thank you!

Highlighted
    Helper V
    Solution

@CreativeObs I also run a jewelry site. I think you may want to try hiding items at the product level not the category level. What I did was create a Category called Seasonal/Holiday. I then added all my products to the store that were seasonal and put them in that Category. As the seasons change, inside each Products setup, I hide the items one by one that don't pertain to that season. When the next season comes, I unhide them and hide others. I hope that makes sense.

Hi has go daddy come up with a solution to hide a category as this person asked last year and go daddy said in time this may be done.

To delete a full category is crazy as I will need to open this again  

New

i want to hide a whole category without deleting, can this be done? it can be done with products why not with whole cats?