• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Hiding the navigation menu

I'd like to create a page on my site that does not have the navigation menu. Can I do that? And can I then create a navigation menu for just that page's sub-sites?

5 REPLIES 5
    Helper II

Re: Hiding the navigation menu

I did that using Website Builder.  I placed an image over the main menu to hide it.  Next I created a new/second menu by selecting 'navigation menu'.  By editing the second menu I was able to hide selections I didn't want to appear (those that were on the original/main menu) on this menu.  Likewise, the sub-pages I wanted the second menu to show were marked hide using edit for the first/main menu. 

An alternate method might be to create a menu using buttons (note: you can select to only show the text on a button using settings and selecting a blank background color).  

Helper II

I did that using Website Builder by creating 2 navigation menu's.  One to appear on all other pages and a second containing the submenu selections for only 1 page.

I placed an image over the main menu to hide it.  Next I created a new/second menu by selecting 'navigation menu' again. You can choose to hide menu selections that you do not want from either menu using the edit function and highlighting the eyeball.  I.e., hide sub-menu selections in 2nd menu from the main menu and hide main menu selections in the second menu.

An alternate method might be to create a menu using buttons for the sub-pages after covering the main menu (note: you can select to only show the text on a button using settings and then selecting a blank background color).  

Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

It's actually kind of simple @hunterda98. I'd just use the "Show only on this page" on your pages so that navigation menus only altar on the pages you'd like. I hope that helps? Untitled-2.jpg

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

@mnGary, I am finding myself in need of this solution and love your creative idea. I am though struggling to implement what you suggest, any additional tips to help a novice! when i add an image over the main nav bar and set to bring forward, it does not cover the nav bar but continues to sit behind it. thanks!

Nicola

Helper II

If bringing the overlay to the front doesn't work, try sending the menu back.  Also,check if there is a setting for the menu that keeps it on top/to the front. Finally, double check that the color of the image you are using to hide the menu wasn't accidently selected as transparent.

Those are the only tricks I can think of right now.  Hope one of them works for you.