cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Hosting a Downloadable File

Hi everyone,

I trying to figure out how to upload my band's new single to my Godaddy account and then email a link to the file so my email subscribers can download our new single.

I did it a few years ago but can't seem to figure it out as the Panel has changed. I even see the previous music files in my File Manager panel that I shared previously but can't seem to get a shareable / downloadable link for them or my new file.

Can you please talk me though it.

Many thanks,

-Keith 

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User III Super User III
    Super User III

Re: Hosting a Downloadable File

The URL correlates with the folder structure of your hosting account, with your domain starting in the root directory.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/what-is-my-websites-root-directory-9123?

So for example if you have a file called "new_single.mp3" inside a folder called "downloads", then the URL would be yourdomain.com/downloads/new_single.mp3

Hey Nate, thank you so much for your help. That all sounds very familiar Smiley Happy I see my previous mp3 tracks are zipped for some reason. That might be something I'll have to do again this time around.

Hopefully, I can figure it out from here. Thanks pal!

-Keith

Super User III Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

The .mp3 format is already compressed, as opposed to for example .wav which is uncompressed.  You shouldn't need to zip these files, double compression can actually cause the file to take up more space.