• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How To Set External/Internal Links To Open In Same Tab ?

Hi All -

Currently, whenever the link or image is clicked, it is redirecting the page to new tab. Could you please help me, how to set the link to open in same tab. This is really causing pain to my customers, as they have to move back and forth while placing orders.

3 REPLIES 3
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Re: How To Set External/Internal Links To Open In Same Tab ?

Hi @ourunitylabs. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! When adding links in GoCentral, they should only open in a new tab if you choose the "Website URL" option. This is usually used to link to websites other than your own, which is why they always open in a new tab. You wouldn't be able to change this behavior in most of your sections. The only other option I can think of would be if you were adding links in an HTML section. Then you could script the link to open in the same tab, but you would really only be able to do this with text. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    New

This is not working on my site.  The external links are opening in the same tab - which I do not want.

Help.

Jan W

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @FID1. Thanks for posting. That sounds pretty strange. I just tested this to make sure it still works the same way and any URL entered into the Website URL field when creating a link is opening in a new browser tab. If you're still having trouble, feel free to provide more details. Screenshots the process you're following would be very helpful. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.