• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Helper I

How can I Add Members Log In Page In Godaddy Website Builder (UPDATE)

When, When, When will the "members only" section of the site be available? I am in Vietnam...

6 REPLIES 6
    Super User III Super User III
    Super User III

Re: How can I Add Members Log In Page In Godaddy Website Builder (UPDATE)

I am not sure why the Members-Only sections are restricted by country.  But I will note this feature is extremely basic and limited.  If it's an important part of your website I would suggest looking into a platform built around user access at it's core, like WordPress which you can tailor to many different needs with plugins.

Helper I

You realise this is NOT an answer, nor a solution! Many people, myself included, are asking about this and no-one is being given a proper answer.

When is this going to be fixed?

Helper I

Is there a plugin through wordpress? If so, how is this done? What is the link? Is there a tutorial in setting this up?

Super User III Super User III
    Super User III

I do not have the answer to if/when this feature may become available to you in the future.  The suggestion if this is important to your website you may want to consider switching to a platform like WordPress.  It is a flexible platform which can be customized for many different needs.  It's also a very popular open-source application so there are many guides and tutorials available.  There are many ways it can be set-up but I am not sure about your specific needs.  If that's something you may be interested in I recommend checking out some getting started videos on YouTube as like a crash course.  Here is one I found for example.

Helper I

Thanks for this... However, GoDaddy is constantly saying its coming... but doesn't give a date... they already have it in the US, charge the same amount to people elsewhere but we get a lesser service... and finally, we all have to log in in our separate countries to post here... so why is the ability for us to have our own log in's on our own sites prohibited? This is simply awful from GoDaddy and I will be going elsewhere as soon as my membership runs out.. and absolute shambles of a company.

Also, I appreciate your response as I am also aware, you are a volunteer... GoDaddy don't even pay staff to answer responses... thats how much they don't care.

Super User III
    Super User III

@HCG 

As @Nate said, this feature is very basic in the U.S. version and is most likely not what you want anyway. Right now, members only means you give them access to the page via a single password... for everyone. I'm sure you can see how that isn't the most optimal experience and not much of a feature at this point, to be fair.

They are working on things of this nature but basic functionality and stability of the platform is and always will be the top priority. The GoCentral team is constantly making updates and improvements.

In the meantime, if you're looking for a more definitive solution, as @Nate said WordPress is a good option and there are many more content management systems that may better meet your current needs.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community