• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted
    Helper I

How can I Copy my Website to GoCentral Website Builder?

Informed that GoDaddy now has new website builder named GoCentral. In order to save money my WebSite Builder will be cancelled & must rebuild site on GoCentral. I would like to copy my website to use as a goby in the rebuilding stage. How can I copy my website? Cannot discover how to copy. 

Please assist.

Johnny Margo

johnnymargo
    4 REPLIES 4
    Super User III Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Re: Copy Website

Website Builder and GoCentral are self-contained platforms that include the templates, builders, and hosting, they do not have the option to export to host on another platform.  To have some overlap that would mean having both plans active at the same time.  If your current website is about to expire you can manually renew just a month, instead of annual.  Then start the GoCentral plan on a 1 month free trial, you should have plenty of time to set-up your new website and transition over the domain.

Helper I

Thanks Nate.

Not exactly the answer I hoped for. Desire to reconstruct website simply as possible using cut & paste. Must now delve into GoCentral in some detail.

Appreciate response.

johnnymargo
    Super User III Super User III
    Super User III

No problem.  Give the GoCentral free trial a go to see if it'll work for your needs.  If so you can copy&paste the content from the existing website, but as they use fundamentally different methods for layout you'll need to add the appropriate sections.  Though if you do prefer Website Builder 7 I believe you would be able to continue using it for some time.

Helper I

Nate: Appreciate your response. GoDaddy agent offered me  30 day grace period on WebSite builder. Also learned if wished to continue with WebSite it would be +/-$100 higher than using GoCentral. Today I will start to rebuild one of my sites with Go Central & see how cut & paste works plus incorporating some of GoCentral tools.

Becoming somewhat disappointed with GoDaddy. When switching to GoDaddy I thought help, ease of use & fees to be advantageous. Learning not quite so.

Thanks again.

johnnymargo