• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How can I add audio files in website builder?

10 REPLIES 10
    Helper VI
    Helper VI

Re: How can I add audio files in website builder?

Hello @oneptune

Try this https://uk.godaddy.com/help/adding-audio-7682

and this https://uk.godaddy.com/help/adding-an-audio-player-8557

Good luck.

🙂

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.

Hi! I embedded three audio players on my side but I cannot edit the pre-fills like the little word "by". It is really annoying trying to combine this with a text field or anything and even if I make it look good on desktop it is all messed up on mobile.

So, is there any way of getting a totally empty Audio Player or at least delete things in it I do not need. If not, is there a way of merging text fields with the Audio Player so the seperate fields become one and do not move on mobile?

Thanks alot!

Word of warning to all prospective Website Builder 7 users, especially those like me that GoDaddy tried so hard (about a year ago) to make me migrate my perfectly operational Website Builder 6 sites to ver 7.  The company that wrote Website Builder FORGOT to migrate the MEDIA drag-n-drop Widget to allow easy audio or video embedding into the page.  Ludicrous, don't you think?  Ver 7 can load Facebook Twittter and other media portals easily, BUT NOT a simple MP3 or an MPeg...  Very unhappy about migrating to Ver 7...  Obvious ver 7 was written by idiots.

So, is this the reason the audio file cannot play on my webpage now? It will play on the preview but not on the actual page.

Were you ever able to add audio back to your page? Has this been resolved in 2018?

Has this problem been solved in 2018?
    I have searched the community and it seems you cannot simply add an mp3 file to 

your website. what gives?

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @Nerdflanders. The only way to add playable audio files on our new Website Builder (GoCentral) is by hosting the file externally on a service like SoundCloud. However, you can currently add mp3 files to a file download section if you want to your site visitors download the files as well. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    Helper V

@JesseW @Nerdflanders This has been discussed on other threads, including this one:

https://www.godaddy.com/community/GoCentral/Selling-Digital-downloads-on-Go-Central/m-p/61536

The fact that the new-ish GoCentral doesn't support the sale of audio files is a big problem, considering how many bands and musicians would like to offer that to their customers. This feature has been lacking since the new version came out and they say they are working on it. What's the ETA?

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @Hopeful. I'm not sure if that's what @Nerdflanders was after, but I did update the thread in question. Per our dev team, we are looking to add the ability to sell digital products soon. Hopefully as soon as early next year. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    Highlighted
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Hi all,

You are able to add an audio track or playlist by embedding a code from Soundcloud. Here's instructions on how you do this: https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-a-soundcloud-audio-track-or-playlist-26786. Hope this helps!

Rachel