• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How do I add a video or embed a tweet to a blog.

I spoke with the online chat support about adding a video to a blog and they said I cannot. I find this unbelievable. I am currently operating a sports blog so embedding videos and tweets is crucial. How do I do this. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
    Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Re: How do I add a video or embed a tweet to a blog.

Hey there @geno8771,

In this circumstance, the CSR you spoke with was correct. The blogging feature on GoCentral is still fairly new and they are constantly developing new features, but embedding videos and tweets into the blog posts is not a functionality that is available yet. It is on the drawing board, from what I understand.

If that functionality is required at this moment, you'd be better off on a CMS like WordPress.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

I find this absolutely absurd. This website is VERY LIMITING. What a disappointment GoDaddy! 

This is frustration I can't use disqus, I can't embed tweets, really what the heck am I paying for?

Has this been updated by chance to anyones knowledge?  I find this pretty crazy, for a company that hosts websites, the inability to embed a GIF or video being not possible.  I also created a site for blogging, but if something so simple doesn't work, I'll be switching to wordpress for half the price.  

Hi @ajcasey1. Thanks for posting and sharing your thoughts with the GoDaddy Community. 

Our product development team is aware that this is being asked for in the GoCentral Website Builder, but we do not have an ETA as to when this would be available. I recommend looking into our Managed WordPress hosting as you would have these capabilities with your blog.

KristyW - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.