• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How do I add an area search to my website?

I am trying to figure out how to add a search engine for searching a given type of entity within an area... basically along the same lines as what Expedia, Travelocity or any of those websites use.. a simple "please input your zip , address, or city' and then my website could bring back the results of those places that are within the scope of the search.... I saw the mls/idx real estate listings but i wanted to make sure that wasn't just for houses on the mls listings... I am going for say "all pizza places" within an area... is this feasible or ? Thanks again .. sorry this is my first website .. 

5 REPLIES 5
    Employee
    Employee

Re: How do I add an area search to my website?

Hi @slayton23

Thanks for using GoCentral! We do not currently have a generic Internet search capability in GoCentral, but if you know HTML (or can recruit someone who does), you may be able to build this by adding an HTML section to your site. Are you thinking it's just a Google search and you want to show the results in an iFrame? Or are you searching another source?

Thank you for using GoCentral!

Heidi, GoDaddy product manager

Solution

I think something like storepoint.co would work for you - we used it to build a store locator on our site.

I wanted to know how can I add my MLS IDX to my godaddy website: " <iframe src="https://matrix.crmls.org/Matrix/public/IDX.aspx?idx=5264200b" width="100%" height="100%" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0"></iframe>"

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @corealty,

Are you using GoCentral for your website? If you're using WordPress, here's a post in the Community that might be of help to you https://www.godaddy.com/community/GoCentral/IDX/td-p/49851. Come back and let us know how you got it solved. Thanks!

Rachel

Highlighted

FreeFind has both a free option and a paid subscription option.