• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

How do I add fonts that are not available on the builder?

Would like to add different fonts that aren't provided. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

Re: How do I add fonts that are not available on the builder?

Hey @sjhou1,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

Currently, you won't be able to add any custom font types to the GoCentral site builder. I can pass this idea along as a suggested feature for our developers to look into with their planned updates. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

Hi @sjhou1@CG

A little trick (you'll like this.... not a lot.... just a little) is to use a design app to make an image  of the text you want. High deff and transparent background (though not important if background is white, same as image background). It has to be high quality and if your site is to be responsive a .svg image would be best probably.

Your lettering won't be interactive (you won't be able to link except as the whole image). If you need the lettering (image) to sit behind another image well this is controlled in your CSS file and the Z index, and that's another story because I have not the foggiest idea of how to access and edit your CSS attributes in website builder, only as bare coding.

One small note...... DO NOT be tempted to use copy and paste from a website for your text!!

if you do your text will most likely look awful. Use proper design software. If you need to watch the pennies GIMP is a free and excellent app.

Hope this helps ☺️

Hey @Anonymous</a>,

That's actually a good work around I've used myself in my early experimenting days with site building. Smiley Wink

There's a few minor speed bumps you may not have been aware of (just in case you see others asking). GoCentral does not currently allow CSS/HTML customization nor image hyperlinking at this time. I know these are both feedback/suggestion items that have been brought up to our developers since the recent launch of this version of our site builder, so they should be looking into making this possible in a future update. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

@CG@sjhou1,

Thanks CG, I wasn't aware of the 'speed bumps' (lol..... crunch scrape bang!). Smiley Happy

New

Great, thanks so much!

It would be most useful to be able to add a font as copyright license can insist on certain fonts hence this can render this tool not suitable for purpose. most disappointed to have spent time working on site as a Go daddy representative gave me the wrong information and said it was possible. What a great shame as I am finding it easy to use compared to wordpress

Has there been any update to this issue? I would like to add a different font.
    Product Team
    Product Team

Hi @sjhou1  We've been adding to our available fonts - and more are planned. Curious which font you are trying to add? At this time custom fonts are not supported, but it is a priority to offer more flexibility. Stay tuned and we will update. Thanks, Christine Lee on GoCentral product team

New

I used the website builder for the first time today. It's super-limiting and I'll have to use something else.

GoDaddy Team,

If you're taking font suggestions, I'd be super appreciative if you offered a font, like Open Dyslexic, for us folks who care about digital accessibility. Thanks!

https://www.opendyslexic.org/

Michelle Collyer - Owner, Freestyle Fabrics

(Former A11y Program Manager)

Product Team
    Product Team
    Solution

Update: we've shipped over a dozen new font packs in the last few months. We do not support custom fonts at this time, but will continue to review new font requests.  Thanks, Christine on Product team