• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How do I create a "back to the top" button on each page?

How do I create a "back to the top" button for each page on my new website?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
    Helper V
    Helper V

Re: How do I create a "back to the top" button on each page?

This is something that can search easily on google ... No need to ask the community !

However see Here's The Article for you ! I would suggest a mod member to take care of closing this post.

Please give it a +1 and also click "Mark As Accepted Solution" if you find it satisfactory. Thanking You With Regards | Harry Parmar

I don't know which site builder you're using, but this works at least in V7 for one page at a time: Choose 'button' from the menu. Click on the button to bring up its menu. Click on the icon that looks like a gear. Under 'label', type 'top'. Under 'link', choose from the 'destination' menu the page you are on. When in preview, test this; you should return to the top of the page you are on. 

New

Thank you for your reply, simple instructions are great to us not so computer literate. Appreciate you.

Solution

1. Add a new “about” section at the bottom of the page.
    2. Choose the style/design of the “about” section and start removing the various stock photos or fake wording.
    3. In the Edit area, choose an “action button” and change the wording to “BACK TO TOP” or “HOME” or “PREVIOUS PAGE” or whatever you want to say.
    4. For “BACK TO TOP,” tell the godaddy program where it needs to go by choosing the section at the very top.
    5. Do a PREVIEW to see if it works.
    —-Sorry—-there are so many things I’m not saying re how to do it because I do it intuitively and just figured it out on the fly...
    Hope this helps at least get you started?