• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

How do I create my web site with my own HTML code, and not use website builder

Hi All,

I am new to godaddy, but I already understand the basics of HTML. I want to build my site by editing my own HTML code, either online or uploading files, but I cannot figure out how to access raw code on the main page.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
    Helper VI
    Helper VI
    Solution

Re: How do I create my web site with my own HTML code, and not use website builder

Hello @bheathster

The Website Builder from GoDaddy is a tool that allows you to create a basic type of website without having to many "technical skills" but if you want to add your html code to a page you can use this tutorial.

However, if you want to build your entire website using your own html code then the first thing you need is a hosting plan that does not include the Website Builder, and after that all you need is Notepad, FileZila and maybe some html tutorials.

Good luck.

Smiley Happy

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.

Re: How do I create my web site with my own HTML code, and not use website builder

Thanks Adrian8

Helper VI
    Helper VI

You're welcome @bheathster Smiley Happy

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.

Pretty cool, I found this answer so quickly via google.com search.. Very Impressed Godaddy     Smiley Happy

Okay.  I can design web pages using notepad. 

BUT HOW can I copy (or ftp)  them to  WHERE ( which PATH)  on the HOSTING Server 

In case of  FTP , whats the UserID and Password and PATH to copy ?

How do i create a landing page for my domain

Hello friends,

I am new to domaining, I need help creating a landing for sale page for my domain... Step by step instructions would be appreciated.

Is there a way to be able to add facebook "customer chat plugin" via the HTML option of the website builder? I've tried placing the code generated by the facebook page, but the section on the published website just shows a blank space.

//code as follows

<!-- Load Facebook SDK for JavaScript -->
    <div id="fb-root"></div>
    <script>(function(d, s, id) {
    var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
    if (d.getElementById(id)) return;
    js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
    js.src='https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.12&autoLogAppEvents=1';
    fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);
    }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>

<!-- Your customer chat code -->
    <div class="fb-customerchat"
    page_id="467518667064146"
    theme_color="#44bec7"
    logged_in_greeting="Bonjour! Are you ready to get #stickyFIED?"
    logged_out_greeting="Bonjour! Are you ready to get #stickyFIED?">
    </div>

Is there a way to be able to add facebook "customer chat plugin" via the HTML option of the website builder? I've tried placing the code generated by the facebook page, but the section on the published website just shows a blank space.

//code as follows

<!-- Load Facebook SDK for JavaScript -->
    <div id="fb-root"></div>
    <script>(function(d, s, id) {
    var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
    if (d.getElementById(id)) return;
    js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
    js.src='https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.12&autoLogAppEvents=1';
    fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);
    }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>

<!-- Your customer chat code -->
    <div class="fb-customerchat"
    page_id="467518667064146"
    theme_color="#44bec7"
    logged_in_greeting="Bonjour! Are you ready to get #stickyFIED?"
    logged_out_greeting="Bonjour! Are you ready to get #stickyFIED?">
    </div>