• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How do I import excel tables into website builder V7?

I have several excel tables I want to put onto some of my pages, displayed as a table. I do not want to hand jam all the records or do hundreds of copy paste operations. I am not looking for a database solution. 

11 REPLIES 11
    Solution

Re: How do I import excel tables into website builder V7?

Well found my answer messing around.

I saved the excel spreadsheet as a web page. I was able to play with formatting in excel and save most of the changes to html. I opened the web page saved to my local system in chrome and viewed the frame source. I selected from the first table tag to the end table tag. I used the html code option from the website builder menu and then pasted my table code from the frame source. Bingo a nicely formatted table in my page with minimal effort.

Wow, is there an easier way for us dummies?

Broken85,

I applaud your elegant solution.  I was appalled when I discovered upon upgrading for 6 to 7 that my ability to simply drop an excel spreadsheet into a content box no longer worked.  

Now I did have to edit the HTML in the settings to get column widths set, borders to show, and make column headers bold but that's not such a big deal.

I think Go-Daddy owes you money because without your council they would have lost a customer.

Kickinbirdie....

I too applaud the solution. I tried it, and it worked great.  I saved  my table in Excel as an *htm, opened in in Chrome, right clicked to view the pop-up "view page source" and then copied and pasted all the html coding, from top-to-bottom.  Bingo.  And whew, what a relief! Thanks for the help!

New

anyway to keep the cells clickable though if your including emails for example ?

New

I am having trouble importing my excel file into my website.  I am not familiar with .html.  Thanks for any help.

Helper I

Hi,

I went through the process of saving my Excel File as htm.

I then copied from the first instance of table ( <table border=0 cellpadding=0  ) until the last instance  ( </tr>
     <![endif]>
    </table>)

I pasted that in the HTML block but nothing at all happens.

Any ideas please?

Regards

Alan

Alan,   

I am facing the same problem, any luck getting yours to work?

I fixed the problem by saving my excel file as HTML. I had to do some clean up using a text editor and some internet study of HTML coding to get it formatted the way I wanted. Then, in the GoDaddy editor, I would insert a HTML widget on the page and then copy the HTML text from the text editor and then paste it into the widget. This is a more trouble than it used to be but it works. Hope this helps to get you going in the right direction.

Worked like a charm. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for such an easy solution!

Okay, i'm a struggling nvice here....trying to import excel tables into my site.  tried saving as .HTM file and copying code, but that didn't work.  I tried to copy both page source and frame source.  Am i supposed to copy the entire code? or just part of it?  just looking at the coding makes my head spin!  

I don't know if I have have website builder V7...how do can i tell?    Is there any other way to import it to my web page?  

signed,

about to go crazy!