• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

How do I import excel tables into website builder V7?

I have several excel tables I want to put onto some of my pages, displayed as a table. I do not want to hand jam all the records or do hundreds of copy paste operations. I am not looking for a database solution. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
    Highlighted
    Solution

Re: How do I import excel tables into website builder V7?

Well found my answer messing around.

I saved the excel spreadsheet as a web page. I was able to play with formatting in excel and save most of the changes to html. I opened the web page saved to my local system in chrome and viewed the frame source. I selected from the first table tag to the end table tag. I used the html code option from the website builder menu and then pasted my table code from the frame source. Bingo a nicely formatted table in my page with minimal effort.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
    Solution

Hi @loramiller,

Welcome to the Community!

Here are some instructions that can help you add HTML to your website builder page. Please be aware that this is only for the older Website Builder 7 plans, not the newer Websites+Marketing currently available. 

If you have any questions on using the newer plan, please post as a new topic in this forum. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

13 REPLIES 13
    Highlighted
    Solution

Well found my answer messing around.

I saved the excel spreadsheet as a web page. I was able to play with formatting in excel and save most of the changes to html. I opened the web page saved to my local system in chrome and viewed the frame source. I selected from the first table tag to the end table tag. I used the html code option from the website builder menu and then pasted my table code from the frame source. Bingo a nicely formatted table in my page with minimal effort.

Highlighted

Wow, is there an easier way for us dummies?

Highlighted

Broken85,

I applaud your elegant solution.  I was appalled when I discovered upon upgrading for 6 to 7 that my ability to simply drop an excel spreadsheet into a content box no longer worked.  

Now I did have to edit the HTML in the settings to get column widths set, borders to show, and make column headers bold but that's not such a big deal.

I think Go-Daddy owes you money because without your council they would have lost a customer.

Kickinbirdie....

Highlighted

I too applaud the solution. I tried it, and it worked great.  I saved  my table in Excel as an *htm, opened in in Chrome, right clicked to view the pop-up "view page source" and then copied and pasted all the html coding, from top-to-bottom.  Bingo.  And whew, what a relief! Thanks for the help!

Highlighted
    New

anyway to keep the cells clickable though if your including emails for example ?

Highlighted
    New

I am having trouble importing my excel file into my website.  I am not familiar with .html.  Thanks for any help.

Highlighted
    Helper I

Hi,

I went through the process of saving my Excel File as htm.

I then copied from the first instance of table ( <table border=0 cellpadding=0  ) until the last instance  ( </tr>
     <![endif]>
    </table>)

I pasted that in the HTML block but nothing at all happens.

Any ideas please?

Regards

Alan

Highlighted

Alan,   

I am facing the same problem, any luck getting yours to work?

Highlighted

I fixed the problem by saving my excel file as HTML. I had to do some clean up using a text editor and some internet study of HTML coding to get it formatted the way I wanted. Then, in the GoDaddy editor, I would insert a HTML widget on the page and then copy the HTML text from the text editor and then paste it into the widget. This is a more trouble than it used to be but it works. Hope this helps to get you going in the right direction.

Highlighted

Worked like a charm. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for such an easy solution!

Highlighted

Okay, i'm a struggling nvice here....trying to import excel tables into my site.  tried saving as .HTM file and copying code, but that didn't work.  I tried to copy both page source and frame source.  Am i supposed to copy the entire code? or just part of it?  just looking at the coding makes my head spin!  

I don't know if I have have website builder V7...how do can i tell?    Is there any other way to import it to my web page?  

signed,

about to go crazy!

Highlighted

Where is the option for entering html code?

Highlighted
    Solution

Hi @loramiller,

Welcome to the Community!

Here are some instructions that can help you add HTML to your website builder page. Please be aware that this is only for the older Website Builder 7 plans, not the newer Websites+Marketing currently available. 

If you have any questions on using the newer plan, please post as a new topic in this forum. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support