• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How do I redirect 404 errors using Website Builder?

I was using website builder for my domain (djh-capital.com) and just went live on Go Central.  How do I redirect 404 errors from www.djh-capital.com/home.html to www.djh-capital.com?

7 REPLIES 7
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: 404 Error

Hi, @cinvestments. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! Unfortunately, there isn't a way to set up redirects of that nature at this time. I would assume you're concerned about this because your site is linked to from other places. I'm not sure how often that happens. It would be great to find out if other users are also having this problem.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

We just moved our site from website builder to go central and now are having the same issue. Many of the pages picked up by google are going to a 404 page when I'd like them to redirect to the new go central urls. Anyone have solutions? We don't have separate hosting, it's all through go central.

Hello guys,

I have same issue with 404.

I have created a trial version before starting to use GoCentral.

After that I have deleted the trial site and bought a plan - Business Plus.

Now I have pages that I have never created them and appear on google search.

Does anyone knows how to stop those pages to create in future and delete the existing ones?

New

I see Avada has a 404 error handler. I have the exact same problem. I have about 30 error not found messages from Google Webmaster notification. Can you guys implement something like Avada's interface?

New

Yeah this is a problem. I cant redirect 404. This means if a spelling mistake is made somewhere (either in a mass email or whatever) than things are dead in the water. under the cPanel I used to be able to do this. Should be a sort of website 101 feature.

New

I think it's an Apache basic feature. Why can't we get access to it?

Solution

Hi @HSO and @jsu888,

Welcome to the Community!

The original thread for these posts is for our website builder, GoCentral (now Website + Marketing). The option to place, or need, redirects on this closed program is not available. For information on creating redirects on cPanel hosting or Apache servers, please address any questions in those forums for our community members to provide assistance. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support