• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

How do I setup combined shipping for multiple items in one order, in my Online Store?

I can't figure out how to set up combined shipping in my Online Store. I'm having an issue with buyers being charged the full shipping price for each item in their order, even when they all ship in one box. Is there a way to set it up so each additional item $1, rather than the full shipping price?

Thanks in advance for any help or pointers 🙂

9 REPLIES 9
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: How do I setup combined shipping for multiple items in one order, in my Online Store?

Hi @hrdry. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community!

If I understand what you're asking, you'd like to have a basic shipping charge and then add to that charge if other items are added to the order. As far as I can tell, there's no way to incrementally raise shipping price on a per item basis, other than specifying a specific amount for shipping for each product. However, if you set up shipping that way, it will only charge the amount you specify for that item. For example, if you're selling a shirt and set it's shipping price to be $1, it will always add $1 in shipping when that product is added. In that scenario, 3 shirts would total $3 in shipping. 

olsshipping1.jpg

Hope that helps. I'm guessing that's not exactly what you want but maybe you can make it work in  your situation. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    New

Re: How do I setup combined shipping for multiple items in one order, in my Online Store?

Basically the answer is no? The method outlined here doesn't work for the simple fact that if a customer only orders one item, you're already at a loss because of undercharging for shipping. This is an issue that should be addressed sooner rather than later, I've had shipping issues with every order I've had in Godaddy Online Store and will probably cancel my membership as a result.

And please notify someone in charge to stop defaulting to Shippo. It is, without a doubt, the most horrendous shipping program I've ever encountered (and it NEVER works).

Yeah, and this problem is still a problem, Oct 2018!.  Honestly wish I had know before committing to my Go central online store.  It is driving my customers away!  I'd always been able to offer combined shipping on multiple item orders before this.  Not anymore!  Good bye sales of multiple items. Hello GoDaddy GoCentral.  Existing businesses and buyer of this product from Godaddy Beware!   IF anyone knows how to do what most websites who sell and ship seem to easily be able to do, i.e.; Etsy, Amazon, or pretty much anybody who sells products from online stores, please, would you just step up? Godaddy?  Please?  Figure out how we can setup combined shipping for multiple items in one order without charging our customers crazy high shipping costs!  

I can't in good conscience charge a customer 11.25 for 1st class shipping if it only costs me 3.75.  

New

This is incredible, that you can't offer combined shipping....or calculated shipping for anything under a pound with USPS.....they told me "just offer free shipping, raise your prices" what kind of business plan is this?? Get with the times GODADDY!!!!

This is still a BIG issue, will you please fix it!

Looks like I may have to move my site due to this issue as well.. 

New

I cant believe this hasnt been handled yet. Come on godaddy.
    Solution

This is the solution I found for this problem. My products are bigger and I can fit up to 2 items in a $7.90 medium flat rate large envelope. As per USPS website this shipping method allows up to 70 pounds and the envelope must be 12.5 x 9.5.

Therefore, under the shipping option of the item I put 35 lbs for the weight and the envelope dimensions for the length and width. 

Now for every 2 items ordered shipping is $7.90. For three items it will add another $7.90 (so now shipping will be $14.80. If a fourth item is added the shipping stays at $14.80 and I can use a flat rate medium box.

In your case, if for example 4 items fit in the same box, see what is the maximum weight allowed for that shipping services and divide it by 4. Put that as a weight for the respective item shop listing. 

I hope this makes sense and it helps.