• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How do I transfer my website from GoDaddy to my new website provider?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Super User I

@vettnpapaw 

That depends on platforms.  WordPress, for example, has export/import functionality to move your website to any host that you have a new WordPress installation.

Being you are moving off of Websites + Marketing, which is a unique to GoDaddy web-builder platform, there is no export feature or ability to transfer.  Nor do you have access to the server to download via FTP.

So, what you would need to do is:

For photos:  Got to your Dashboard > My Photos > Select your images > Download

For content: Being there is no export option, you would need to copy and paste to an off-line file that you can then do the same on your new site located elsewhere.

What you can do is have your old site open in one window and your new site in another and copy-n-paste back and forth.

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "Broken crayons still color." Anon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Super User I

@vettnpapaw 

That depends on platforms.  WordPress, for example, has export/import functionality to move your website to any host that you have a new WordPress installation.

Being you are moving off of Websites + Marketing, which is a unique to GoDaddy web-builder platform, there is no export feature or ability to transfer.  Nor do you have access to the server to download via FTP.

So, what you would need to do is:

For photos:  Got to your Dashboard > My Photos > Select your images > Download

For content: Being there is no export option, you would need to copy and paste to an off-line file that you can then do the same on your new site located elsewhere.

What you can do is have your old site open in one window and your new site in another and copy-n-paste back and forth.

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "Broken crayons still color." Anon

View solution in original post