• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How to Access a WordPress website's Admin Panel from Godaddy account?

Hi,

I have a SEO contract with one company. The website is a WordPress site for which I have to make some on-site SEO changes. That website is hosted on Godaddy account, and when I asked for the WordPress access, he gave me access of Godaddy account. 

I mean not their own login details, but they invited me to access their godaddy account with my own login details. They told me that their previous SEO contractors access the WordPress admin panel through Godaddy Hosting account. 

I checked all the options, but could't find a way. I ask them how can I access the WordPress admin panel through Godaddy account? They said they don't know, but their developer and the SEO persons  always access the WordPress through Godaddy... 

Their website is: https://www.walkergeneralcontractors.ca

This is not a managed WordPress hosting account. I guess this is cpanel account. Can you guide me how can I access the WordPress admin panel from the Godaddy Cpanel? 

If you can provide quick response that would be good because I have to start my work. 

Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Re: How to Access a WordPress website's Admin Panel from Godaddy account?

Hi @imanbukhari10. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! I just tested this and it's not possible to log directly into a WordPress account for the type of hosting account they have (older Web Hosting). This is possible in some cases on our newer platforms, but not for what they have. You could update the login information for one of the WordPress users with this kind of access (via its database), but you wouldn't be able to log in directly. Sorry Man Sad

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Thank you @JesseW for the clarification. 

I have been working for other clients as well who have hosted their websites on Godaddy and I know the interface and available options. Though I had an idea that it is not possible in C-panel hosting whereas, it is possible in WordPress managed hosting package. 

But since the client was insisting that other contractors who worked for him were using Godaddy account to log in to the WordPress site, so I though there is a chance that it might be possible and I am not aware of that. 

But now, after your clarification, its clear for me. I will inform the client about this, that if someone is getting the access to WordPress from godaddy account then he is creating new user accounts from mySQL. 

Thanks. 

Community Manager
    Community Manager

@imanbukhari10 - Just a little further clarification. Our cPanel hosting plans do support this if WordPress is installed using the automated Installatron process. However, in your situation, the account is not a cPanel plan, but an older Linux Web Hosting plan, which is why it won't work. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.