• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

How to I add action buttons for affiliate links?

Hello,

I am new to this website builder so sorry if this has already been answered - i am looking to include buttons that link directly to my affiliate url.

I have an action button on my header, however how to i add action buttons in the text or anywhere i want it to be?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Re: How to I add action buttons for affiliate links?

Usually my writer uses my hoplink for affiliate links.

I believe in the link there is a box marked with <....> and you put the word you want the link to say where those ...'s are, between the </>.

Also if you incorporate a "product reviews" page or something similar, assuming you use Wordpress, it allows you to paste links for where the clicks take the reader.

Hope this helps somewhat, I'm not exactly sure on details since I've outsourced my website management.

At the moment i am just using the website builder - not WordPress ( as i have never used that before).

It doesn't seem like there is any option to add custom buttons on website builder? Whick seems very odd.....

At the moment i am just using the website builder - not WordPress ( as i have never used that before).

It doesn't seem like there is any option to add custom buttons on website builder? Whick seems very odd.....

New

Hi Lukec2000,

Did you crack how to do this at all, as I wanting to do this. I have tried to contact the on-line chat but it is never available. I may as well cancel the website builder package if they won't allow this and use Wordpress or someother tool.....anyone recommend tools for the non-geek?

New

Having just been through this myself, I have an answer. With the site builder, you can't.

You will have to have a GoDaddy WordPress site.

Everything I had added to my site builder site, I had copied from files on my site.

After purchasing the WordPress site (I had only prepaid a month on the other), I chose a theme and proceeded to create new pages and replaced all my content on the new pages.

After I had content on the new site, same URL as my old one, I could then paste the affiliate information on my root directory (the first directory the public sees (the public_html folder)) and then could add my links as described earlier.

Hope this helps.

New

I agree answers are hard to come by, all I want is a site to add links to 

seems easy but getting info is not. goodluck

I too am using website builder, and I can only seem to add the 'standard' text link from my affiliate page (anywhere and using an action button too)... but I can't use the cool image/text iframe type link that amazon provides... even in the custom code HTML area... this is very strange I think... probably because they want you to use the Go Daddy store instead... ugh...  The only way around I guess is to add an image and an action button with the standard/html link... very manual.

If someone has an answer for the go Daddy builder, please let me know!