• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How to ReEstablish Website after closed for a few years

I established a website called back in 2008 and it was live for about 4 years.  Solid Cactus built my website, and it was a yahoo store.  I still own the domain, but have no idea how to go about getting it started back up.  I really don't want to use Yahoo stores again.  I don't know if I need to contact GoDaddy, Yahoo stores, or Solid Cactus. 

I know it says under my login with Yahoo that I can reactivate it there, but just wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions or who I need to get in contact with, without having to use Yahoo again.  Thanks

1 REPLY 1
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Re: How to ReEstablish Website after closed for a few years

Hi @goldenreese. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! If you still have access to the domain and it is active, you'd just need to focus on getting a website up. I don't think there'd be a way of "reactivating" a site that has been down for that long. You might be able to find a copy of your site on a web archive service, but you'll have to rebuild it. Depending on what it is that you're selling, you might be able to use the GoDaddy Online Store to do so. Once you've built the site, you'd just need to point the domain towards it. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.