• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How to add 'Flyers' (jpg) to GoCentral website.

How do you add 'Flyers'(jpg) to GoCentral website?  If I use 'photos'...it's either too big or too small.  Isn't there a way to add a flyer (or a picture) and be able to size it...to the size you want?   THANKS!

5 REPLIES 5
    Employee
    Employee
    Solution

Re: How to add 'Flyers' (jpg) to GoCentral website.

Hi @JitterSwing!

GoCentral does not support the ability to resize images to any size you want - the reason being is that the site will render differently on different sized devices (phones, desktops, tablets) and that content all needs to dynamically resize along with the site in those different sizes. If you fixed the size, the image may get cut off or be unreadable at different resolutions. We also would generally recommend against using a jpg for content on your site that you would want a search engine to find - if, say, you've got a flyer about sales coming up, search engines can't read it if it's an image and potential visitors can't find you through searching. 

We have a "Content" layout that may work for you though: if you add a "Content" section and scroll down the layout options, you'll see one that looks like this: 

Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 3.41.50 PM.png

If you just delete the copy from the copy fields (leave the CTA button or not, as you wish) then it will look like this: 
    Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 3.41.26 PM.png

... and it will dynamically resize on all devices. 

Does that work?

thanks-

heidi, GoDaddy product manager

Highlighted
    Helper I

I tried your recommendation & found that images selected   either too small or big & blurred and could not crop. Am I doing something wrong? Did not understand your statement "it will dynamically resize".

I wish to add some images & or clip art such as words (NEW) in place of icons which cannot be added.

Any suggestions?

Thanks 

johnnymargo
    Product Team
    Product Team

Hi @johnnymargo I will private message you - will be great if you can send me the attachments so we can see what is going on.

Helper I

@ChristineL:

Thanks  for your offer. I thought I had responded but now do not find it. Anyway July 4th festivities completed & guests gone. I tried to copy a "GIF" to a message & send but received the reply this not allowed. Please advise how I can send to you the item I would like to use.

Appreciate your offer to assist.  Thanks

johnnymargo
    Helper I

@ChristineL: Another suggestion to view the icon (gif) I would likento use (and others) can be seen at at gdmint.com. This is anotherbweb site of mine. The "new" icon is one several I would like to use.

Thanks. Hope this can be solved..

johnnymargo