• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    New

How to add Text Box!

Hi there,

I have signed up for a free Trail and have started editing a Website. I don't seem to have any of the options for things like text boxes etc, all I can do is 'Add Section' and edit that, within its parameters.

Ca anyone help!

I've tried to add a screen shot to help but even that doesn't want to work.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: How to add Text Box!

Hi @CSG, thanks for posting.

It sounds like you are using GoCentral Website Builder.

It's design and design tools is based around adding sections as you mentioned. There is not an option to add a plain text box.

Why were you trying to add it? If you were trying to add a contact form, there is an option for to add one.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 Support | Check System Status

Thanks GaryA.  I'm now searching for the same answer.  

I want to add a tag line I suppose you'd call it under my header, but I don't want it to be limited to a number of characters.

It's a church website and I'd like to be able to quote a bible verse on the Home page.

Any ideas how this could be done?

Thanks

I am also needing help with this... I need to add more text to my home page. How do I do this. as the sections that are available to use doesnt have an option for unlimited amount of characters. 

Many thanks. 

This is a major flaw in the new builder.  There are those of us who want to create our OWN look without being chained to a pre-conceived and curated idea.  I am regretting this changeover.

I believe you can "trick" the system by adding a section called PRIVACY POLICY.  You can delete the header line and it appears you have an open, unlimited text block.