• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

How to add a Facebook pixel for tracking ads?

Hi all, 

I have an online flower shop, at FromeBlooms.com and I want to add a tracking pixel for facebook ads, but I can't see how to add this into the HTML code. All I can do is insert this as content at the bottom of the homepage, which looks very messy and might not work!

According to Facebook, for adding the pixel to GoDaddy:

1. Log in to your Website Builder account.
    2. Click Edit Site.
    3. Click the three-bar icon in the top-right corner of your screen and select Site Settings.
    4. Select Site-wide Code.
    5. Paste the pixel code between the <head> tags.
    6. Click OK and close the Site Settings window.
    7. Click Publish.

My problem is that I don't have an option to edit site wide code in site settings. 

I'm using GoDaddy Website builder on a business account.

Can anyone advise how this is done please? Thanks, Jenny 

44 REPLIES 44

Re: How to add a Facebook pixel for tracking ads?

Hello, 

Have you solved this yet? I am currently having the same problem!

Thank you for posting,

Peter

I am experiencing the same issue, if anyone comes up with a answer, please let me know. Thanks.

having same issue, someone please reply!

I can not find the "Site-wide code" navigation anymore, has it been changed?

New

Me too!   Any word:?

If you are using GoCentral Website Builder, GoCentral does not offer the SiteWide code that was available with the older versions of Website Builder. The current version of GoCentral does not offer the ability to add or edit HTML.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 Support | Check System Status

So we cannot use Facebook retargeting pixels if we are using a Godaddy website builder anymore? I am seriously failing to see how this newest version is better in any way.

That's disappointing to hear, especially after so many weeks since I first asked. Can you let us know why this feature was removed and if there are plans to put it back? 

Bump for a reply... This is a huge issue.

If there is no fix for it, then there is no need for me to continue to use GoCentral. GoDaddy please respond.

How on earth do I do re-marketing with adroll where they ask me to enter HTML

Adroll asked me to do this "Insert the code before the </body> tag on all pages on your website"

Ae we saying this is not possible???

New

This is ridiculous. When I "upgraded" to GoCentral, the Rep. failed to mention that I would be LOSING this important functionality. Now, if I want to get this back, and stay with GoDaddy, I'll need to rebuild the site a third time, this time in Wordpress (they crashed it and lost everything when I noticed it was no longer secure in the transition process). They now say that GoCentral is a NOVICE website builder. Funny, the Rep. never mentioned that when they "upgraded" me. It was very much represented to be a viable alternative to Wordpress. Give me a break. Get your coders in there, do the right thing for all of us, and give us a the option to add a pixel, for crying out loud!

I need to set up Facebook Pixels on my site.  Can you please advise how.  Leanne

GaryA - people are waiting months to get support on this issue of not being able to use tracking code in the "new" website builder.  It is shameful that you guys can't respond helpfully to people's urgent business needs.  They have stayed loyal and continued to use your service and deserve some reciprocity when GoDaddy takes away functionality without warning.

New

How is it possible for this not to be addressed. I am shocked. Wake up GoDaddy you are asleep at the wheel.

No answer yet?

I conducted a chat with customer service and got this response: 

"I see. It is not yet available for the GoCentral store. We are currently doing some tests for the update which will be rolled out soon and that option will be available."

This lack of integration is very disappointing. What were they thinking???

I added an HTML section on my home page and added the pixel code in just now. 10/23/17. Facebook is showing some data. It did add a little bar at the bottom of my home page when u view it but either way it's working. To minimize the bar size, set pixel height to 1.

Thanks MattBouncer, I've used the HTML section as you suggest. It seems like an awkward workaround, and I notice that this new option to add code is a non-supported beta, but let's hope it works. My seasonal flower business is pretty much done for the year now we're in late October, but better late than never I suppose! Smiley Frustrated

This does not work. Can't locate: "Site Wide Code".

Hello guys, When will you have Facebook pixel in GoCentral? Also drop down menu and multi-language site? When you create a product, you should plan before releasing it to market. Any other platforms offers this functionality. Please make these changes as soon as possible or I will need to give up on your services. And by the way, your support team that won sooo many prizes, when you contact them, they only want to close the chat window instead of helping the customer, they are always in a hurry. Plus for GoCentral there is a lack of information available on internet. Take care guys, competition is very close!

Solution

Great, thanks for your answer. 

Just to make it clear, steps are:

Pages

Home
    Add section (find HTML on bottom and choose layout)

Add your pixel code as html 

<body>
    <head>
    <!-- Facebook Pixel Code -->
    <script>

</noscript>
    <!-- End Facebook Pixel Code -->

</head>
    </body>

Save and publish!

@Shole10

Thank you for your advice! Already done that, I had some errors but until the end it worked.

Now we need the rest of the common and normal things: drop-down menu and multi-language site.

So do I have to do this for every page on the site or just the homepage?

No! Just on the first page. At least this is what I have done.

Try many times as when you check it with Pixel Helper you receive an error.

GoDaddy has a lot of work to do his GoCentral if wants to be very good.

Thanks @daniel3toma - I adjusted pixel height to 1, still have a white space on my website on the footer, which I am not crazy about. When I talked to support, they seemed oblivious to the workings of a FB Pixel  

GoDaddy, if you are reading this - your support team has been terrific with me, but this is a MUST! Facebook ads are popular and used often - got to get this working properly.

Thanks @Shole10 - setting pixel to 1 seemed to help. Will run an ad now and text. Really a crazy thing - can't believe they do not have this as a given in their website builder.

New

In website builder V7 goto edit site.  top right hand corner select the 3 horizontal lines select site settings then site wide code.  See the boxes where to enter the code.  Save it...

In GoCentral goto the page you want to add the code, add an html section just as described in other reply.  I used the pixel code only and it works.  Force to 0 pixels and there is no space.  Don't add a title. I placed it under the header but FB recognized it near the footer.

How do I know if it's working? Not sure if I inserted the pixel correctly? I think I've done it right? My God I feel like I need a Masters in FB advertising. UGHHHHH

@lolli wrote:

In website builder V7 goto edit site.  top right hand corner select the 3 horizontal lines select site settings then site wide code.  See the boxes where to enter the code.  Save it...

In GoCentral goto the page you want to add the code, add an html section just as described in other reply.  I used the pixel code only and it works.  Force to 0 pixels and there is no space.  Don't add a title. I placed it under the header but FB recognized it near the footer.

What reports did the pixel show when you tested it? Does it show if they made a purchase or does it only show if they were directed to the site from FB?

I got it working! Thank you so much!

How did you get it to work?  I added the HTML box, added my pixel but I get an error and it says it's there but it didn't load.

if you made it through and pasted the pixel. just need to hit "publish" in upper right corner. 

I was experiencing the same errors. and then realized it did not publish the new changes.

Hope this helps!

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hey Everyone. Just wanted to update here to let you know we're aware of an issue with the Facebook Pixel code feature currently available in our new Website Builder/GoCentral. While it is available in the editor, it's not working currently. Our developers are aware of this and are working on a fix. At this time there is no ETA for when that will be in place. We will update if there are any updates or when the issue is resolved. Thanks for your patience! 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Hi

also mailchimp site connector requires access to site wide code or head code 

Is this possible ?

You have a good product but your must allow flexibility for it to be useful - thanks

Thanks Tim

Employee
    Employee
    Solution

Hey folks!  You can add a Facebook pixel right in the product settings: 

1. Log in and go to your GoCentral website ("edit my site" or "manage" in MyProducts)

2. Within the site editor, click "Site Settings"

Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 4.34.08 PM.png

3. click that and then see a panel to enter your code: 

Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 4.34.14 PM.png

New

Hello, thanks for the useful info ahead of my post. I've been able to install the Facebook pixel on my GoDaddy builder website. However, I'm unsure where to add the "Lead Event Code" so that I can track specific lead gen info. Can anyone advise? Cheers 

Having the same issue. GoDaddy I wish you actually tested your solutions...

GoDaddy Engineering Team, Adding Facebook Pixels REQUIRES TWO Steps:

1. Install Tracking Code = I see that you attempted to solve this by adding "Facebook Pixel Code" under Site Settings. Sadly it doesn't actually work. The Facebook Google Chrome extension says:

"The Facebook pixel code on this page didn't load, so no information was sent to Facebook."

Visiting the Facebook site this error is because:

"This error means that the Pixel Helper found what looks to be Facebook pixel code on your site, but the actual HTTP call was never made.

This could typically due to an error in the code, but could also occur if the pixel fires on a dynamic event (e.g. on a button click).

In that case, the error will disappear upon clicking on the button."

2. This brings me to the REQUIRED step 2.... that GoDaddy completely neglected...

'Add Your Events' = Now this is where you need to add a second set of tracking code to each individual page or event. 

The code should look like this:

<script>
    fbq('track', 'Lead');
    </script>

This code cannot be added using your silly HTML Code feature. I've tried. 

It's depressing to see these things, Hopefully GoDaddy's team can try and keep up. 

Employee
    Employee

Hi @kacollie. Thank you for your feedback about the Facebook Pixel code. I am sorry it's not working as you expected. Can you please share your domain so we can better troubleshoot? Also, an Ad Blocker will prevent Facebook Pixel code from working correctly, so you want to make sure that any ad blocker is disabled before testing if it's firing correctly. As for tracking specific events on the site, you are right we do not currently support that feature but we have this on our radar for an improvement.

Thanks.

Rachel B.

i hope this is what you are looking for

Go to Site settings

at the bottom you will see "Facebook Pixel Code"

click on that and follow the link to facebook to generate the pixel.

copy this code to the box on Godaddy site and publish.

you are good to go!

Vishal Soni

www.talentsolinc.com 

@Vishalsoni

where do we put the pixel for events? like add to cart, search, lead etc.

The Godaddy website must have updated and changed since April because I can't find anything that allows me to edit my site settings. I can manage my domain, but the only options there are to "manage connection" or "add email", neither of which say anything anywhere about adding pixel code. Can somebody direct me to where I add the facebook tracking pixel code please?

The only way I see to add a Facebook Pixel is the following: 

1. Go to Edit Site

2. Click on Site Settings

3. Scroll down to Facebook Pixel Code and follow the instructions from there. 

I seriously can't believe a bonehead from GoDaddy can't at least come give this simple advice. I really don't know if it solves problems for anyone, but there is a way to add Pixel at least.

New

6 months later.  It still is not working!  This is kind of important

i need to add two specific pixels to two different pages, but i can't seem to figure out how to get into the html. the pixel placer appears to only apply a single pixel to the entire page, and i need to track specific pages. thanks