• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How to add a blog to my site in the newest Website Builder?

How can I add a Wordpress or Blogger blog to my website using the newest Website Builder? I saw some previous posts that said you click the "Blogg/RSS" button in the menu on the left, but I can't find that anywhere. Is there anyway to integrate a blog into my site? Thanks! 

16 REPLIES 16
    Highlighted
    Advocate VI Advocate VI
    Advocate VI

Re: How to add a blog to my site in the newest Website Builder?

Hello,

I am trying to add a blog page to my website. 

I don't see an option to follow your previous instructions. ----->>> left toolbar, click the Blog/RSS button, and an example blog is added to the page. 
    Click Blog/RSS button 

Am I missing something? 

Also why is a blog not included on the website builder? Why do we need to do so much to integrate it or get a different plan (managed wordpress) to have one? 

Thank you,

New

Your not alone in being challenged to add a blog, the only thing I could do for a work around was add an additional "about us" section and change the name to articles, under the image and description you can make words a hyperlink and connect articles from wordpress. 

New

Thank you for your brilliant idea. It worked famously!! We can have a blog after all! Thanks again!

New

The ability to have a blog inside your website has been removed. The website I manage has had its blog link removed. The deletion was made without notification.

I talked to customer care, its a known issue where the feed's weren't loading and in some cases causing lag on the pages. They removed the icon for now and currently have IT working on a fix before re releasing it.

I don't see the button either

But there is no RSS feed button....not that I can see.

So - does this mean you created a wordpress account and are writing your blog there - linking to it from your Godaddy site?

Hi Webdiva

Is this link you provided still correct

I followed https://www.godaddy.com/help/adding-blog-link-or-rss-feed-8790

and there doesnt appear to be a Blog / RSS button???

many thanks

martin

New

It seems completely illogical that there's no built-in blog functionality in the builder product. It's standard with Wix and other tools. Also, GoDaddy's marketing newsletter touts the value of blogging...weird that we have to create workarounds or use another product (WordPress) to blog, then link it to a GoDaddy site. Hmmmmm....

I agree, I have only been using this site builder for a week, and have never designed a site before and have been happy with the ease of use. Totally bummed out that I can't create a blog within this web builder itself. Smiley Sad

This is extremely frustrating that there is no blog within this new web builder. I've been a customer for I don't even know how long at this point and this is really ridiculous. I like the look of the new web builder and the themes/templates but I really need a blog connected to my website to optimize it and attract/keep customers. This is really basic to have one these days. To not have one available or a workaround to connect to one is ridiculous.

So the last post I see here was in September 2017, it is now June 2018 and I still see no option, does this mean that GoDaddy is not going to offer a Blog function?  If that is the case then I might as well close this account and open a new one with another service, anyone help me here with best products?

Solution

Hi @EWriter1, thanks for posting.

If you are using GoCentral Website Builder, you can add a blog using the steps in this article:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/host-a-blog-on-my-website-27368

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 Support | Check System Status