• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How to add more languages on one site?

Hi All,

I was looking for solution how i can add more languages on one site. I dont want to use google translate because how we know, it sucks.

I havent found solution and i guess there isnt. Why we cant just add flag on site to change language?

Do you think it will change sometimes or should i find diferrent "website builder"?

Thanks a lot for answers

8 REPLIES 8
    Solution

Re: More languages on one site

Hi @ZuzankaEpif,

Thanks for posting. Unfortunately, the only option I am aware of is using Google translator. You can also get a 2nd GoCentral plan and rebuild the site in another language and setting it up on a sub domain of the primary site, it's a bit more work but then the site would be translated by you. Hope that helps!

Lisi - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

I'm also interested in different language versions of my site. Without the option of selecting a language (beyond Google translate), it sounds like rebuilding the page with my own translation is the only option? I'm brand new to the GoDaddy site builder tool--is there anyway to clone the website (or pages) in order to avoid re-building the whole thing from scratch? I was hoping I could clone the site and then just go in and replace the text.

Thanks! 

Hi @Alegra1

Sorry, the option to clone your site is not a feature that is supported within our site builder. Yes, rebuilding your site and using your own translation would be the best option. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Good day, 

I dont mind rebuilding a website in another language but how do I then link it to to my current page so that my visitors just click on an icon and they will have the same site on a different language? 

Melba

New

Access to Google Translator seems to be blocked. The Bing Translator button works ok except it doe not display in the Edge browser. 

New

MPPJChannel,

Agree with you, did you find a solution to your request?.. I would like to use it, if available

Thanks

Even the Google translate option does not exist anymore.

And there is no option to set your Website language.

That's why some dialogs (blog, contact) still communicate in English while the rest of your site is in a different language.

Gocentral is still on a beta stage.

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hello everyone. I just wanted to update to clarify that the Google Translate option has been removed from GoCentral Website Builder because the free translate service from Google has been discontinued. You can see for your self here. I'm not aware of any other service that would work in the same manner as Google Translate did. If this is an essential feature for you, you may consider looking into other ways of building and managing a site, such as WordPress. Sorry Man Sad

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.