• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How to add service types to specific staff members in appointments on GoCentral?

I noticed that although we can add staff members, there is no place on the individual services customization to assign service types to a specific staff member, ie my husband does the hvac service work and I do admin work. Conference calls, meetings and the like would be booked with me and not necessarily him, but as it stands --if an appointment is made, no matter the type, he gets the notifications and it is his contact info that is listed, in case of questions or concerns. Are there any updates in the work to make this customizable? Also, when booking appointments, it shows the phone number box as optional--we do not need our customers to have the option to leave this info out as that is needed if we need to contact them quickly to modify appointment requests. I could not find any place where I had access to change that setting. Can this be made customizable as well?

2 REPLIES 2
    Highlighted
    Solution

Re: Appointments extra options

Hi @reasonableair,

Thanks for posting. You should be able to add categories for the different types of appointments you offer but there is no way to specify certain categories with certain staff members. You can learn more about adding appointments here: https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-online-appointments-section-27307. The email notifications are also sent to the email address on the account info section of the site builder.You may need to update it to your email address instead of your husbands or create a new email inbox for your appointments that you can both access.You can also sync it to your calendars here's how: https://www.godaddy.com/help/sync-appointments-with-my-personal-calendar-27352. Hope that helps!

Lisi - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support
    Employee
    Employee
    Solution

Re: How to add service types to specific staff members in appointments on GoCentral?

Hi @reasonableair thank you for taking the time to submit feedback. When you add or edit a service, there's a staff field on that page where you can specify which staff is able to do that service. And you can add an email and phone for each staff. For example, you can add a service that only you can do, add yourself as a staff for that service, and remove your husband from the staff list for that service, and you will get email and phone notifications when a customer books that service.

Currently if you husband's email and phone are listed on the business info page, he will still get notifications for all the bookings. We will look into how to enable a business owner to specify what kind of notifications to get.

Regarding requiring phone number from your customers to book, we have heard of similar needs and are working on a plan to address this. 

Are there other unmet needs? Please keep the suggestions coming?

Pianpian, GoDaddy product manager

Pianpian, GoDaddy product manager