• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How to change url for a specific page

Hello. My site is live and has been for quite awhile. I inherited managing it and I'm trying to clean up a few things. One thing I've noticed that pages don't have urls that align with the page names. Example .com/contact is the url for the Volunteer page. .com/volunteer is the url for the Fundraising page. I went in to edit the pages but their names are correct. How can I fix the confusing urls? Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: How to change url for a specific page

Hi @pvelempta

In order to assist you further, we would need to know the version of Website Builder you are using. For immediate assistance, I suggest contacting our support team to look further into this. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

It appears to be version 7. 

@pvelempta, were you able to find a solution to this issue? We are having the same problem.

What was the answer to this? I am having the same issue.

Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Hi @Majorcomics. As was mentioned above, this depends on the type of Website Builder you have. If you have a GoCentral Website Builder plan, then page names will align with the title in 

GoCentral

The URL will be tied to the page title. For more information on changing the page title, see this post. In general, the URL for the page will just be /[title] (always in lower case). So, if the page title is Blog, the URL would be domain.com/blog/. If the title has more than one word, the words in the URL will be separated by hyphens. For example, if the page title is Latest News, the URL would be domain.com/latest-news/. 

Website Builder v7

This uses a similar technique, but the URL would include .html after the page name. Also, when editing the page title in this builder, you can specify a different file name if you wish. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.