• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How to delete a category on the add products page? There is an add button but no way to delete.

I have added a category to my products that I would like to delete.  When I hit the arrow for the drop down menu at categories, there is an add button but no way to delete an unwanted category.

5 REPLIES 5
    Highlighted
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II
    Solution

Re: How to delete a category on the add products page? There is an add button but no way to delete.

@desmetdesignsqc

Are you on GoCentral?  Go to the categories page (Store > Categories) to the right of each category is a pencil icon (edit) and a trash can icon to delete.    Are those there for you? 😉

Judith
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Solution

Re: How to delete a category on the add products page? There is an add button but no way to delete.

I finally found where I need to go!!  Thank you so much for your help.  It was driving me crazy!

I don't have a pencil icon or a trash icon to delete my category, there's still only an "add" button for me.

Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

@New_Beginnings

Hmmm.... I just rechecked on my test store and sure enough there are a pencil and trash icon.

godaddy-delete-category.jpg

If you have established categories and do not see these icons, I would get on the horn with GoDaddy and find out what's up.

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

New