• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

How to delete pdf file on nebula.wsing.com

I read the forum from 10/18/18 on this topic https://www.godaddy.com/community/GoCentral-Website-Builder/How-to-delete-pdf-file-on-nebula-wsimg-c... AND I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. In the forum, the link disappeared on its own within a few days. I deleted my pdf file using website builder to my own website several weeks ago but the pdf is still there. I only found out today when a friend sent me the link to the document. I want to delete this pdf link but cannot find how to do that. The link I want to delete is http://nebula.wsimg.com/4b34b36a51422969a8066ca5e067a995? AccessKeyId=CD48D68AE568BFADA0F6&disposition=0&alloworigin=1 I hope someone knows how delete this, and can help. Thanks, Sherry

9 REPLIES 9
    Super User I
    Super User I

Re: How to delete pdf file on nebula.wsing.com

Hello @Sherry 

I'm unable to access the file. See screenshot here

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
    Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***
    New

Hello @davisdre317 

The nebula file is still there.  See http://nebula.wsimg.com/4b34b36a51422969a8066ca5e067a995?AccessKeyId=CD48D68AE568BFADA0F6&dispositio...

Please advise how to delete it.

Thank you,

Sherry

Super User III
    Super User III

@Sherry 

I get the same exact error as @davisdre317 and I'm not able to access the link. The second link you posted get's me there. That being said, I can't even seem to get to your main site.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

New

@MrVapor 

My main site is http://www.keyholejourney.com/ and I can get there fine.  I deleted the site link (which was in Recommended Reading via Paranormal Articles) to the nebula link but one can still get to the nebula link by pasting it directly

http://nebula.wsimg.com/4b34b36a51422969a8066ca5e067a995?AccessKeyId=CD48D68AE568BFADA0F6&dispositio...

I tried searching for the book title and it's gone from the search engines but the nebula link needs to be deleted as well.  What should I do?

Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

@Sherry 

I can see that you're on the older website builder. I'm thinking if you've deleted all traces of the link and you can still get to it via that specific link, something may be caching that page server side and not allowing it to be deleted completely. The only thing I can recommend in that situation is to call support as they have backend access to the servers that the volunteers on the board here do not. 

Also, that's a really cool site but it could use a bit of an update. You should check out the free trial of the new GoCentral Website Builder. I think your site would work well on it.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

New

@MrVapor 

Thank you for the suggestions, Joe.  Very helpful.  I had not heard of the GoCentral Website Builder.  My subscription to the existing Website Builder doesn't end until 2023.  I'll check to see if I can transfer over to the new version. 

I will also ask support to remove the link through their backend access.  

Glad you like my site.  Being a newbie, that means a lot.

Your help is much appreciated,

Sherry

New

@MrVapor 

Here is an update after being on the telephone with Support for about an hour.  They think they can delete the nebula link.  They say it will take 72 hours +/-.

As for transferring to the latest Website builder, it would mean I would need to re-do my entire website from scratch.  Yikes!  Not ready to do that yet.  Will tackle that in 2022 when my older version expires.  Thanks for all your help.

Super User III
    Super User III

@Sherry 

You'd actually be really surprised at how easy it is to build a site in the new website builder. FYI, the old one you're on will go away sometime in the future but you still have some time. I would be looking to move it one way or the other but I would consider what platform you want it on. 

If you PM me, I'd be happy to help mentor you on it and help you put together a plan. No charge.

New

@MrVapor 

Thank you for your kind offer!  I don't have time right now to do this.  I am in the process of getting a book published.  When that's done, I would like to speak with you.  How do I PM you?  I don't own a cell phone.  My landline does not do texting.