• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How to display League standings on my website using Website Builder

I have built a website for my league.  I have set it up that scores for the league are reported using a blog.  Seems to work well but now I have been asked if we can have the option for the user to click on a month and have the scores for that month pop up on screen.

As a newbie to web design I have not been able to figure a way to do this.  Any suggestions would by much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

Re: League standings

By your post I can't tell if you are using WordPress or not @tpollard95124? I'm not in the business of suggesting a specific solution over another but if you are using WordPress a quick search of 'wordpress league plugin' or 'wordpress league score' will generate some good results? I've created websites like that in the past for fantasy sports group to junior college leagues. I hope that helps? Come back and let us know what you chose. 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

I built the site using the Web Builder app included with our GoDaddy business subscription.  I have seen a couple of references to using WordPress in the GoDaddy community, but have not figured out how I could use this going forward.

@rd wrote:

By your post I can't tell if you are using WordPress or not @tpollard95124? I'm not in the business of suggesting a specific solution over another but if you are using WordPress a quick search of 'wordpress league plugin' or 'wordpress league score' will generate some good results? I've created websites like that in the past for fantasy sports group to junior college leagues. I hope that helps? Come back and let us know what you chose. 

Super User I Super User I
    Super User I
    Solution

Okay, it's good to know the platform when offering a solution @tpollard95124. Using GoCentral what I would do is create a page with a Calendar section called scores and either use a element each week to link to a blog post or a page with a HTML section. You can probably find a HTML table generator so that you can display scores in a table in a easily understood format per team?

I don't know what kind of scores your league had but depending on the content you display you might have room to add all of the scores in the event details of the calendar. 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Thanks, I will try that.