• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Re: How to export products from Online store?

I have emailed and confirmed this works only with a GoCentral online store.  If you have the Premium Online Store as I do, it will not work.

is this the only solution or is there any other workaround that doesnt cost extra money

the best solution, hands down, is to use cart2cart migration for the transfer of products to another platform.  godaddy is borderline criminal for holding your products "hostage."  i had over 2000 unique products (descriptions, photos, etc) and the cart2cart app seamlessly migrated these to my shopify store.  you can then download the csv for edit and/or any other reason. 

is there a fee to use cart to cart

New

There really should be an option to download from a Godaddy site to a cvs file for purposes outside of Godaddy sales.  Many owners sell outside of a website.  This would be convenient to be able to match actual inventory with online inventory, have a record for taxes, cross-checking that online and in-store are the same, etc.

If you can upload (which I believe is importing to not exporting) to the site then you should be able to download (which is exporting from  Godaddy). 

Please consider adding this feature.  We pay quite a bit each month for Godaddy service with not many or useful conveniences.

In addition, it would be nice to see some new website designs.  The ones available are old and stagnant.

Linda Gilbert

The Online Store (Premium Online Store) is the original godaddy shop/store solution. Go Central is their newest offering as of this year from what the sales guys told me. That link has worked for a few people early on that have the Online Store like I do. There are several of us that attempted to use they plug-in that the link provides only to learn that it costs money and is virtually useless. In the case of the GoCentral shops I can almost guarantee it will not work since that product wasn't available when this thread started. 

No. I just used it and seamlessly imported 2000+ products. It works for online store and go central. Everything was done flawlessly. Yes, it cost me 300$, but that is pennies compared to other options. I certainly gained income from the transition as online store was terrible. I went from page nowhere in google to first and second page for all my keywords overnight. Online store told me that I had too many products and needed to change to a platform with ability for my extensive collection. I chose Shopify and can only look back stating that those $300 dollars have been the most worthwhile investment. Of course, as everyone here is aware - without this product migration GoDaddy held me hostage, ie, no csv etc. there is, as a point of note, ways to get the csv, but in my case it came out far too large and jumbled up the way GoDaddy had everything sorted on the back end. Maybe others would have better luck, I don’t know... what I do know is that if you are needing to switch platforms then a migration service is the way to go. You can investigate by googling “migration services.” The two main ones that I found were cart2cart (in Ukraine) and one state side (much more expensive). In the end I went with the least expensive option and it worked without a single flaw. I even did not have to sort categories as they migrated my GoDaddy categories as tags. Believe me - I know well how frustrating and overwhelming this can seem, but a migration service is the best way out.

As a point of note - once you have migrated to anyone else you can export a clean and readable csv. Everyone else offers this - even wix

brsilouan,

That wasn't a reply to your cart2cart entry, it was a reply to another user about the godaddy exporter related plug-in that the GC moderator posted as a solution back in 2017.

cart2cart might work just fine for anyone wanting to leave godaddy's shops (which I agree with you may be some user's only options).

New

HAD ANY LUCK?

No real luck with an export. I ended up exporting all orders and deleting and sorting to create my own list
    New

Yeah, A year on and the same speel from them

Does anyone know if this http://export-godaddy-products.com solution is Go Daddy sanctioned?  I don’t want to open up my store to some phishing program.

Not that I don’t trust the original poster of this link, I just don’t trust any URL that is not easy to verify.

PS Go Daddy you guys really should come up with a built in solution!!!

I've used it. It's legit.

I agree with you and echo your sentiments.  There seems to be no one listening and no way to get these deficiencies addressed.  The Excel exports are simply too inconsistent and seemingly error-ridden to develop any sort of process around.  The front-end is sexy but the back-end seems unworkable and "can't be fixed; take it or leave it..."  I am searching for a better option, too.  

New

I'm glad I came across this thread. We are a wholesaler with 1000s of products. Without the ability to export, update, and upload its a waste of time and energy. We do not sell widgets so we must have the ability to easily update inventory via a spreadsheet. Ugh!!

Not sure why this isn't a priority for them. 

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi,

Thanks for sharing these concerns around exporting product export.  Could you share little more information around the need export products?

1.  Is the primary reason to export  product is to bulk update fields and import back ?

2.  What are the most common fields you want to update in bulk?

3.  If we build a bulk edit capability into the tool, would that suffice your need.

Your feedback would help us prioritize the feature, among so many capabilities we have been working to bring it to you.

Thanks,

Mohan Kumaresh,

Product Manager, GoCentral Online Stores

here is what i would say - i am very glad that you are actually addressing this issue AFTER i switched to shopify.  with godaddy i was on page, like, 35 of google, now i am ranking first or second location for all my keywords.  my advice, SWITCH to a different platform - migrate products with a migration service.  in the end you will be grateful.

New

Dear Mohan,

The reason I want an export tool is because I sell items not only online
    but at craft shows and face to face. I have ONE inventory. To be able to
    export my online inventory would help me to double-check that my physical
    inventory matches what I have online (and I don't get caught short). In
    addition, this would be a tool that I can use to manually mark up and edit
    my products so I can transfer that information to my website efficiently.

To think that people only use a website it naive. I can not process
    everything through my website. It is tedious to scroll through one-by-one
    to update.

I don't understand why exporting isn't an option that is already included
    with the monthly fee, when importing is part of the programming. Some of
    us with online stores are very, very small "businesses" and even the
    $29/month (when you sell nothing through the website) is steep. It would
    be a great gesture on GoDaddy's part to have a scale fee system for online
    stores. Small businesses pay the same as extremely large businesses.

I haven't worked on my website for several months because it doesn't really
    work how I want it to. I have homemade sewn products--the same design in
    many different fabrics--not one design/one fabric. I have to enter each
    one individually, so I have hundreds of products to keep track of.

I will continue to use GoDaddy--for now but am investigating other website
    providers.

I don't know if this is helpful.

Linda Gilbert

GoDaddy Employee. Many people have replied to this thread overvthe last 3
    years. Bulk edit already exists in the product and is not sufficient. We
    need access to the primary key field and every description field that holds
    manually entered, user populated data.

The reasons vary from customer to customer on need. It doesn't matter why
    only matters that its a common feature everybody has in other, even less
    robust products.

Many of us have POS systems where we can make changes to a spreadsheet and
    upload changes. GoDaddy cant, it's becoming a cumbersome and useless
    product. Adapt or go extinct.

Trei Smith
    TANDA RACING INC

This is compounded when otherwise identically structured items download to Excel with the order of "line item add-ons" scrambled and concatenated within a single cell.

Wow!  Thank you for addressing this issue.  My initial concerns to
    GoDaddy were voiced more than 2 years ago, so unfortunately it is too
    late for me.    I have already began moving to a Woo Commerce site which
    provides me with everything I need and more.  Sadly, I had to use my 3
    year old spreadsheets that I had saved from my Quick Shopping Cart days
    which means that I have hundreds of items that I will now have to
    manually enter one at a time.  Thank goodness I still had them.  My need
    for an export feature was simple -- the ability to sync my inventory
    across different venues - i.e. Square (used in my retail store), eBay,
    and my website.  Updating on 3 sites daily is very time consuming.

Hi and thanks for posting! I have tried several times on multiple browsers but couldn’t get it to work. Any suggestions?

Why?  because I need to do an inventory of what I actually have in stock from time to time and it is easiest with being able to print out a hard copy to use.

I agree with others an will most likely just look for a new store support program instead of the premium online store.  After seeing that GoDaddy has been avoiding this issue for many years, I have doubts about their concern for their clients.

Sorry to hear GoDaddy wants me to go elsewhere, but if that is what they want then I will comply

I can’t believe this thread has been around for almost 2 years!! I ended up going to Etsy and I use Square for sales. Square now has the ability to synchronize your inventory with Etsy and it’s so helpful and efficient.
    Product Team
    Product Team

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the detail.  Knowing why our customers need certain functionality helps us to  understand importance of the feature and prioritize it on our roadmap.  We have included this feature on our near team roadmap and I'll share an ETA after we get a chance to plan out the implementation.  Please stay tuned.

Thanks for you patience,

Mohan Kumaresh

Product Manager, Online stores

Hi, I'm a web designer working on a client's site and investigating options for re-building their store as they have products scattered all over Ebay, Etsay, Wix and Woo Commerce. I was attracted to the Godaddy store option because of the new Marketplace integration. Because they would be adding individual products to their Godaddy store moving forward, I would need to be able to download the entire inventory periodically in order to keep track and for editing.

But another essential feature is to be able to have multiple image URLs in the CSV upload. A product can have multiple images, I need to be able to add them via CSV.

At this time, lacking these features, I'm compelled to look elsewhere for ways to solve this problem.

Here's why Shopify thinks it's important...

You can export your products to a CSV file to help with several tasks:

• Creating a backup of your products.
    • Moving your existing products to a new Shopify store.
    • Editing your products in bulk using a spreadsheet.

Any changes that you make to the products in your product CSV file appear in your store's product list if you import your product CSV file into the Shopify admin.

Alright Mr. Product Manager, what is the ETA of this feature... people have been asking for this for two years!

Are you afraid that if I can export my inventory that I'll dump it into another website and leave GoCentral? THEN MAKE GOCENTRAL FEATURE RICH.

The only advantage that I give to GoDaddy is that you answer your telephone. But truth be told, that is because you UPSELL, UPSELL, AND UPSELL some more!

Re: Exporting Inventory

Trying to export my products to a csv. So I can update all the pricing variations and then reload to my store. Would be nice to be able to load to Google market so MT images show in search results. This is kind of basic.

I to have been a godaddy customer for 2 decades. Let's get this solved!!!
    Highlighted

I need to manage my inventory. I sell on multiple platforms including Amazon (which you don't support the the level seller that I am) and others...

I also buy my products from multiple sources, and in many cases because I cannot look up my products I duplicate purchases.

I don't just need to export my, I need to manage it. I need to keep track of UPC's, order rate, low quantity, FIFO, LIFO, cost, cost plus burden, etc.

Make GoCentral Feature Rich... shutup all your critics!

It's not working. Is there an update?