• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How to export products from Online store?

I'm  not happy with the features of the online store with the amount charged. I've been buying my 300+ domains from GoDaddy since the 90's. I assumed that GoDaddy was feature rich on all products, but every little thing that I need to change isn't available. Some of these features were available to me on competitor  products over 15 years ago for similar packages. I have invested countless hours building my store with over 4000 items, and want to export it. 

88 REPLIES 88

Re: How to export products from Online store?

Hey @coreyratz

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

Unfortunately, there is not a method of exporting existing products within your catalog. However, there is a method of importing a spreadsheet file which you can manage and update your products on locally. If you checkout the article linked, there will also be steps for downloading a starter template that you can begin managing on. 

Hope this helps. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

When will this common feature be available?   I am very disappointed in the amount of features for the price charged for your online store, and want to export the thousands of  products that I have  spent countless hours  entering. in. 

New

It would be very helpful if I could export my current store inventory to a .csv file. Is there anyway to do so? and if not could you implement a system for that.

Thanks

Anonymous
    Not applicable

@FBwm,

Your current store inventory is on a database right? Is there not an option to export it as csv file? 

New

The complete inventory only exists in the Godaddy online store and there is no option to export from there

Employee
    Employee

Hi there, 

Yes at the moment we do not support the ability to export products into a csv file.  Could you tell us what you were looking to do via export? Were you looking to edit or import elsewhere? Any feedback would be helpful so we can figure out the right approach for this. 

New

Editing, managing, etc. bulk changes not available in your bulk edit

Backup of inventory 

I need to have a file of my items for editing outside of go daddy, and i also need to have a back up

We need to be able to export to have backup files for our company, just in case/for our own records. Is there a reason you are preventing/not allowing this to be done on your site? Why does it matter what we are using it for if we are purchasing your services?

I'm right there with you @coreyratz spending 100s of dollars and don't the options to actually use the products the way we want. Glad to see GoDaddy is ok with letting us import things into their system but won't allow us a way to get them back out. There's a word for something like this. Oh yeah...hostage!

Why do you have an import feature and not an export for products??  I need to do a mass update of our products inventory, sale prices, and descriptions.  I do not want to delete all of the products just to reupload them each week, this uses alot of data as well as your bandwidth.   It is costing too many labor hours to update inventory and descriptions on a weekly basis.  Please add this feature. If it is not available we will be forced to use another source for our online store. 

Bulk import and export will allow your customers to 

1. create a backup

2. quickly update the weekly inventory instead of bulk edit that only allows 20 items per screen (current information would be overwritten)

3. work on their spreadsheet when they are offline (train plane or in the country)

4. copy/clone current items and descriptions when adding new items

This answer doesn't help. Your customers are asking how to export their product database that they spent hours building on your site. Have you made any progress on this feature since January of this year? Your suggestion to manage a spreadsheet locally means double maintaince for your customers. 

In addition, if the products have more than one image,  all but one will be wiped out by the import "feature" you offer, and a customer is forced to readd each additional image manually. 

This is a little scary to hear ... I'd assumed you guys offer exporting at least to a .csv as the likes of eBay and other marketplaces do.  I think even Paypal's cart feature (which technically if a customer wanted to bother with it like I've done before, you just take a regular website and import the Paypal shopping cart - last I checked FOR FREE).  Had just bought a package from you guys because I do love your customer service, but did also believe that if I'm not happy with the site for whatever my reason I could export elsewhere - be it BigCommerce or Square, etc.

You seriously do not have this feature?  If you need an example of what we're talking about, go quickly put up a small shop on eBay and then download the csv.  You'll see for yourselves.

Ordinarily I'm very calm about things and would not jump to such a drastic conclusion as you have Shredderz, but this IS 2017 and is quite suspicious.  I'm now hesitant to even begin adding products to my new store here.  Someone from GoDaddy, please respond and let us know what's being done about this.  Thank you!

Take a look at Shopping-Cart-Migration.com

I spent a ton of time on chat with GoDaddy today about the csv or exporting the store to another provider and it seemed they played stupid.  I'm going to 'speak' with them again after the 4th, but I found this in the meantime.  If it weren't for finding this possibility, I'd be contacting my credit card company about cancelling my shop order.  Seems that GoDaddy's been getting requests for exports for years and I wish I'd known that first.

I can't seem to find a date as to when this topic was created. Very disappointing that you are not able to extract your product data. I am on the free trial and if this has not been resolved, I'll be cancelling when the trial is over.

I would like to export so that I can import into my Wordpress site that I just started because the GoCentral site doesn't allow for basic functionality that was available 10+ years ago from other providers. Oh and the Word press site is also under GoDaddy so I have paid for both services, why can't I share the data between GoDaddy products without spending hours to manually enter all of my products and images again. Really frustrated.

I completely agree!! I need to export so I have it on hand for events and can reach them quickly. Without this option I am now forced to write it all down...... very VERY frustrating 

New

I just Chatted with support, and was told that it's in process....however, they weren't able to provide a time frame.  Has anyone else been able to get one?  

With recent process changes and the lack of this feature being available, we're going to have to rethink staying.  A firm time frame would definitely be helpful in our decision making.

there is no option to export products from online store but if you were to call in and put a vote in for this when they get enough vote then they will look into changing this feature but until then we are stuck

Hello GoDaddy,

Do you have any updates? If we can Import CSV, we should also be able to export the CSV of the products created on online store.

Are you guys doing something? is this even a part of your roadmap?

Thanks Smiley Happy

I'd like to do the same.  It's incredibly obvious that the feature would be ridiculously easy for them to add, and it's also incredibly obvious that the feature is not there because they want to make it as difficult as possible for the people who have decided that they'd prefer to improve their online store by switching to Shopify or Big Commerce.

Solution

Hey there! I built a tool to help you export your products - check it out here: https://aloagency.com/blog/godaddy-ecommerce-product-export

Let me know how I can make it easier for you Smiley Happy 

This is still not something they are offering, on the phone today for hour and nothing, they are lying when they say they are working on this, been over a year.

Highlighted

Can you get this to export the product link, etc etc?  Need everything for google shopping.

this is a great tool!! Thanks. I notice this only captured 53 items. is that normal?

I updated it so hopefully it will export up to 100 products - hard for me to to test though. Let me know if it works! You'll have to delete then re-add the bookmarklet. Also added the existing product URL which another poster requested. 

still currently 50 products. i deleted old link and added it again just to be sure. Id love to keep testing it out to help. This is the closest thing we have to exporting products....is it possible to export up to the 1500 products allowed on godaddy? I have about 1459 items and notice my descriptions are all chopped off and ive already updated some prices from the original file so i was trying to find a quicker way to fix the descriptions 

This doesn't work because the CSV file formatting (column assignment) does not match that of the file I need to import from my existing store

Helper II

Robot Sad  You had to write it all down?  Oh my god.  That's terrible.  You had to actually, like, get a pen?  And put it in your hand and hold it?

Oh brother.  That must've been awful.

@DLaBounty310 wrote:

I completely agree!! I need to export so I have it on hand for events and can reach them quickly. Without this option I am now forced to write it all down...... very VERY frustrating 

Hiya, 

I'ved tried to use this, as I have about 800 products to export, but I keep getting the error;

Cannot read property 'large_url' 

Can you help? 

Helper II

Well, it sounds like you should email all your customers and tell them there will be a delay in shipping. 

800 products? Wait a sec.  So let me understand this, you sell 800 products without knowing how to ship said product beforehand?    

I sincerely hope this is an attempt at trolling.

That being said, I dont think you've understood the context of this thread.

This is regarding the inability to export a product list from GoDaddy in any capacity (XML, CSV, XLS, XLSX etc) so that you're able to import it into another system and/or make changes in massive amounts and then re-import.

A very generous poster (to whom I was replying) has posted a very clever piece of JavaScript which allows you to export your products into a CSV file. The message I've posted is an error message which was shown in the debugging console when attempting to run the JavaScript.

Helper II

So, next time delete the message, then. See the "options" on the top right of your post?  Scroll down to "edit", and then you can edit/delete your mistaken post.

See?  Now we've both learned something.  

The post is correct. Your reply is incorrect. A quick look at your activity confirms that you are in fact a troll, and more than likely a GoDaddy employee.

I think you've misunderstood the context of Export.

In this instance it has been used in the technical term, as in moving something from one database/system etc to a medium that can be imported or altered outside of it's current environment.

It sounds as though you have taken it in the sense of sending goods from one country to another.

Solution

Ahhhh, finally there is a solution. Check out this chrome extension: http://export-godaddy-products.com
    I was able to use it to export 700 products from my GoDaddy online store!

1.png

Send me an email to export.gd.products@gmail.com, I've figured out a work around!

Thanks Charlie. This worked for me!

Where are you so I can erect a shine in your honor?  That is absolutely the most wonderful thing.  Thank you!!!!!! Cat Very Happy

Ha ha! You're welcome Smiley Happy

Solution

Yeah, the solution at http://export-godaddy-products.com worked for me too.

I've had my store since 2014 and have asked for the import/export ability since I started using the store. Google has made many improvements to this product, but everytime they do they ignore the export option. I agree with everyone else on here that exporting data is a common ability almost "ALL" db driven products offer, because data owners need to be able to decide how they want to manage "THEIR" data. 

At this point I feel 99.9% sure that the option to export data is being denied to prevent people from abandoning the store product in favor of more robust products. I can say for the price and the look and feel my customers are used to seeing I wouldn't move my store. However, if the lack of exporting continues I may be forced to make that tough decision, sooner rather than never.

I'm sure the developers at Godaddy want to offer this option, why wouldn't they it makes good practice and is just plain common sense from a design and management standpoint. If a company can add complex ties to shipping providers, credit card processors and bookkeeping then I'm pretty sure the built-in database feature of exporting data is the click of button on the backside and button presentation on the web side.

So for the haters... troll the post of you like I check this crap like uh.. never. I have a business to run and better crap to do.

Looks like Godaddy marked this post as "Solved" due to the actual "Workaround" charliehamre discovered. Charlie I'm glad you were able to help a few others with this and it's great that you posted it. 

Charlie I want to make sure you know with this reply I'm not trolling your post, I wanted to express an opinion to the Godaddy moderators. THIS ISSUE IS NOT SOLVED! A helpful user found a workaround to address laziness or an agenda by Godaddy. The workaround he found actually costs money. I went and checked it out, it's $19.95 per month just to use it. I already pay Godaddy for the store. Go into the Oracle DB and Server and turn on the Export option. It's pretty much that easy.

If Godaddy feels like this is a service that should cost money, fine, charge me a reasonable fee for it. But for crap sake fix the actual issue.

I agree with you. I have since cancelled my Website Builder subscription and am now rebuilding my website on WordPress and have moved my products to Etsy. This lack of basic functionality felt like my site was being held hostage. I hope this gets resolved, or they just say that they're not going to fix it, soon.

For the same reason I am not going to renew my annual subscription.. Bye Bye GoDaddy... Go Enjoy Daddy!!! and you will see many customers going due to this limitation, don't take this lightly. You have many competitors who are providing this feature for free....

@HalcyonThames wrote:

I agree with you. I have since cancelled my Website Builder subscription and am now rebuilding my website on WordPress and have moved my products to Etsy. This lack of basic functionality felt like my site was being held hostage. I hope this gets resolved, or they just say that they're not going to fix it, soon.

That so-called "workaround", didn't work around anything, besides my empty wallet. They're charging the exact price for the plug-in per month ($30), that GD charges for this POS builder. I'm so fed up with web companies/hosts doing stupid crap like this. The inability to have taxes automated, now this? Yeah, I'm done with GD. I was moving my site to WP, and keeping GD as a host. EFFFF GODADDY!

can someone please confirm that they were able to use "export godaddy products" http://export-godaddy-products.com/  with the godaddy online store?  i am a bit confused with "gocentral" vs online store... this extension does not seem to specify.