• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How to get my products listing in the order i want?

Hi 

I want my products to list in a order i want, at present it alphabetically.

Also can i add a number to the product eg 1. 2. 3. ect so i can tell them it item number 18, i have tried adding a number to the title but it still defers to the next alphabetical letter... So i have number 6 then 19 then 2 ect not 1 . 2  3 4 5 

Can any of this be done?

Regards

John

34 REPLIES 34
    Employee
    Employee

Re: How to get my products listing in the order i want?

Hello @John456!

Welcome to the community. There's no way to change the order of products at this time. Sorry about that. I'll pass this suggestion along though!

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Hi Heather

You can now click Manage then categories then the page you want to to sort click edit (the pencil) then select products in category, use the up and down arrows to sort or use the many options to auto sort.

Hope this helps someone else in the future. 

New

Hello,

There are no up and down arrows or any such auto sort function. I would have figured that you would be able to sort through by adding a SKU # and then sort by SKU1, SKU2, etc as to how you want your product order...but alas, that is not working either.

Maddening. Anyone have a real solution yet?

New

Hi,  I also tried this.  I added new items hoping they would be on the top/ left but they were added to the bottom.

Is there a way to order the products as I want?

New

Any updates?

New

Product LIst

Hi

Can anyone help with the structure of on shop?

Currently on entering the shop it lists all of the products. I am wanting the shop to open with the Category List instead.

Is this possible?

Thanks

This is VERY important to me because I want my cookies to appear first and the candies to appear last.  It would be GREAT if I could order my products by categories and then alphabetically.  So it is alpha but by category.  that would be great!!!

Thank you,

Thomas

I agree with the posting above. If I can't group my products by category or put them in the order I want, what's the point? That's pretty basic in any online store.

Looks like I'll have to switch to PayPal's basic, but functional, order system

Also, I would like to be able to get rid of the photo frames when I want to. Some of my products are tickets to an event, so I don't want photos.

Techlady

New

Please add this feature. 

There use to be a way to control the order of products before they changed it to GoCentral. It's maddening not being able to place your most important products 1st. PLEASE add this feature back.

Seriously, is this still not available? This is basic web functionality.

I know. I've been asking for this too.

Helper V

Reorder products doesn't seem to be available, except for certain presets, none of which work for my needs. Please allow us to set our own product order.

Re: Product LIst

I'm asking for the same thing.  To open the shop with a category list.  Please let us know if it can be done.  THANKS

Helper V

Are you talking about categories or products? They are two different things. Categories can be placed in the order of your choosing. You have to click all products in the upper left corner of manage products dashboard. Grab the dotted area to the left of the category you wish to move, and drag it to and/or under the category where you want it to go. Thankfully, that works like a charm. Now, we need a similar feature for the products themselves...

Perfect

I was driving myself mad trying to figure out how to put my products in the order I want them in.  I can't believe this isn't a function??  I am glad I finally decided to check the message board.  Smiley Happy  I kept thinking it has to me because this is something so basic and essential to the layout of a website.  So please GoDaddy make this happen!!    Thanks everyone.

Less is More
    New

Hi.

I used the "menu" template to build a page.  But these items will change with time.  New items will be added and old items will be removed.  As far as I can tell, if I add a new item to my "menu" it simply appears at the bottom of the list.  But what if I want to move it closer to the top - perhaps position it between two existing items.   How can I do that?  Thanks!

Thanks, Anros
    New

THIS IS A GIANT SET BACK. IF THIS IS NOT FIXED SOON I WILL HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO CANCEL MY ACCOUNT. I PUT A LOT OF MONEY AND TIME INTO THIS SITE, PLEASE FIX THIS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You should tell people this BEFORE they sign up, it is such a baxsic thing i did not check it,

Thank you

Has there been any work put into making it possible to move Products around in the order you want them to be listed? It seems like a no brainer. The competition allows you to move products around. Never knew how important the feature was until I started working on Godaddy without the feature to be able to move product around.

Please tell me this is something that is coming soon.

Dear GODADDY COCENTRAL PEOPLE-

It's been 2 weeks since i last posted a request to add this IMPORTANT FEATURE to put your products in the order we want them in.

WHAT IS THE UPDATE ON THIS REQUEST????? iT SEEMS A LOT OF PEOPLE WANT TO KNOW! Can you please update all of us!?

New

I can sort the categories but there is no up and down arrow that allows me to sort my PRODUCTS... if there is something I'm missing, please let me know! I'd like to be able to place the products on the page how I'd like them to be seen and not necessarily according to how I added them!

New

When I see that there’s a solution marked for this question it takes me to comment posted by john456. That is NOT the solution! If GoDaddy is reading these I am sure they are aware... so why not give us a response? It is obviously something that is needed and being requested for a while now. Tell us you’re working on it or give us an ETA on when it’ll happen or something, please!

Helper V

Agreed. This is NOT solved. The product setup page needs the little icon to the left of each item so we can grab it and move it to the order of our choosing--just like all previous e-commerce GD builders. When will this be done? It is super important.

My exact question. I see you can arrange the categories in order you'd like, but not the products. That doesn't make sense!

This has GOT to change!

I had this trouble too.  But, then I put an * in front of the name of the products that I wanted listed prior to the alphabetized products.  Since it's listed in an alphabetized fashion, this at least helped my needs.  Another thing I did before this was put a word like Awesome or Amazing or All-New before the products I wanted to show first, then they would move to the top of the product listing.  

It seems if you wanted to add a number order to your products, using just a number in the title may work, but using *1 Product Name, then another would be *2 That Product name.. seemed to put them in order.

How do I start my products by alphabet as well as by
    number
    New

@ExpSoaps You provide a good work-around, but a bit combobulated IMHO. We'd have to go in and change the name, or add a number, or an alphabetical word to the product name... Why, when a simple solution does exist?! To restate, we'd like to be able to select and move a PRODUCT to a desired sequence, just like we can currently change the order of the CATEGORIES. Hopefully GoDaddy is working on that solution for us!

New

Hi John456 -- so I decided to re-read and re-apply your reply, since it is marked as the "solution" and it's been well over 2 years since this request was posted... I followed the steps as you described but when clicking the edit (pencil) in categories, there is no "products" with up and down arrows. What comes up is a dialog box with options to edit category name, link, SEO title, and SEO description. I think you may be confusing Categories with Products. We can certainly rearrange the Categories as you described, but we can certainly not rearrange the Products within the Categories. 

With that being noted, it occurred to me that maybe GoDaddy is bypassing our long line of requests in this thread because it is marked as solved...  Hmmmmm. What I will start is a new thread and hopefully those that haven't given up on a solution will hop on and GoDaddy will revisit it. Deal? Hope so! Have a great weekend y'all.

New

Hi Heather -- any update on this request to be able to change product listing order?? :0)

New

Ok, this request began in 2017 (if not before).  Please tell me, by Sept of 2019, Go Daddy will have a solution?!?!?!

Not as far as I know. I ended up switching to GoDaddy’s Wordpress platform instead.
    Product Team
    Product Team
    Solution

Hi All,

Thanks for sharing your concern regarding arranging products on the gallery page.  Right now, we don't yet have the support for manually arranging of products, but we do support the option for the products to be sorted either (1) Alphabetically: A-Z., Z-A  (2) Price: High-Low, Low-High, (3) Popularity and (4) Newest.  You could go to the editor > Shop page and set the sort order for the products on the gallery.   Your customers would see the products in the order that you wanted, but they could do change the order to suit their product search needs. 

We'll definitely consider supporting manual sorting of products in the future. Please bear with us.

Thanks,

Mohan Kumaresh,

Product Manager, Online stores