• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How to have links in my header that take you to the sections on the home page in GoCentral?

I am working on my website and can't figure out how to have links in my header that take you to the sections on the home page.  Please see www.claimride.com for an example of what I am talking about.  The site I am working andoverinsurancegroup.com has multiple sections on the home page and I would like to have links at the top of the page that take you to those sections without going to a new page.  Can somebody please help with this?  Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
    Helper IV
    Helper IV

Re: Header Navigation

@Joshlouis86, you can include a link for that section in header. For example there is a section with id=contact, then you can use url as www.yoururl.com/#contact (syntax is www.yoururl.com/#id)

clicking that link will take you to that section without reloading.

You can find the id of that section by using developer options in browser.

Thanks for the reply.  I am not sure how to add links in my header.  Can you please elaborate?  Also how do I use developer options to find the ID of that section?

Helper IV
    Helper IV

Are you using wordpress?

I'm using the GoCentral personal website builder

Helper IV
    Helper IV
    Solution

@Joshlouis86

Finding id

Step #1: Open your website and Press F12 to launch the tool. The user would be able to see something like the below screen.

Selenium script 1

Take a note that “Element” tab is highlighted in the above screenshot. Thus, element tab is the one which displays all the HTML properties belonging to the current web page. Navigate to the “Element” tab if it is not opened by default on the launch.

You can also launch developer tool by right-clicking anywhere within the web page and by selecting “Inspect element” which is very similar to that of firebug’s inspection.

Step #2: The next step is to locate the id within the web page. Hover through the HTML code and the matching web element would be highlighted. see it to find id as shown in screenshot

Selenium script 2Entering url in header

frame url as i said above. Then open your builder and go to page>home>header>site navigation and click add and then choose link to external website and paste the url there.