• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

How to insert a MP4 video without using Youtube?

I have a MP4 video that I would like to display on my site. I DO NOT want to link to Youtube. What can I do?

12 REPLIES 12
    Employee
    Employee

Re: Video

HI @Mike_RPS

Thank you for your post. Are you by chance using the website builder to build your website. if so, the platform does not allow direct video hosting and would need to be applied using youtube. If you are not using the website builder and are building your website manually through a hosting account please list the application or method you are utilizing to build the site and maybe we can post some suggestions about how to embed videos on to your site. Thank you.

Best wishes!

-Techfly

Helper VI
    Helper VI

Hello.

You can insert video in your website without using YouTube.

The way you can put your video depends on how your site is made.

Is it made with WordPress? Joomla? Drupal? Custom PHP code? Html?

Tell us how it's made and maybe we can tell you how you can insert the video.

Smiley Happy

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.

Thanks all!  I'm using the Web Builder application to build a very basic site. Ultimately, I am trying to post a vid from my Youtube channel but I notice once the video runs, it suggests whatever Youtube video comes up next. I don't want that loop. I ONLY want my video to play and when its done, I want the screen to show nothing else. What am I doing wrong?

Anonymous
    Not applicable

Try this:

Instead of copying the link in the searchbar (which will make the next video follow on), just use the 'share' link instead. Any videos with a share link are actually saying "Hey, share me". Don't share video without this 'share' link. 

It should just run the single video.

Let me know if this helps,

thanks.

Anonymous
    Not applicable

You can also use the 'embed' link if applicable. I hand code my sites and use the embed link.

I tried the "share" link and the "embed" code. Both were successful in posting the video but in both cases, once the vid ran, other suggestions came up.

How can I get rid of the "watch later" function so that my viewers don't see the other vids in my Youtube channel?

I also want to insert a video without using youtube. It is made with "Loom," an extension used to make videos, and then view them at useloom.com. So if there is any way I can insert those, that'd be great, and could you please tell me if there is, and if so, how?

Never mind... Smiley Tongue figured out how

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hey @HaloDragon,

Glad to hear that you figured it out! It would be super helpful if you came back and shared the steps that you took so community members in the future who might have the same question will see what you did. Thanks much!

Rachel

New

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having the same issue. I didn't catch it until I'd 'gone live' with my site... I was told by technical support that a wordpress site allows us to upload videos direclty, but I'd prefer not to start completely over.

TM

Solution

Hi @TJM123.,

If you are using our new GoCentral website, you can also use Vimeo, if YouTube is not your preference. These instructions will help you add the video file to your website. This will embed the link on your website and allow you to turn it on or off as needed. Be sure to republish your website in order to see it appear online. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support