• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How to insert a table

How do I insert a table on to my website? The website builder feels very pre prescriptive and like you can do very little with it.

I followed the tutorial here: 

https://uk.godaddy.com/help/adding-and-editing-tables-12002

However, this is out of date and those functions arent there as if the builder has regressed. All I want to do is put a table on the inside of desription box text but can not do this. Could I please get some clarification on this.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
    Helper VI
    Helper VI
    Solution

Re: How to insert a table

@Cranweb, sorry for the delay. I get busy with life sometimes.

Try these links for Embed files via OneDrive:

Try these links for embed files via Google Drive:

Follow those links > Generate the code > in the GoCentral, use the HTML plugin to place that code into it, and you should be good to go. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
    Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
    Employee
    Employee

Hello @mark-h2bah!

Thank you for posting. It sounds as though you may have our new Website Builder, GoCentral. There's currently no tool to added to the interface of GoCentral that adds a table to your site. This is something that may be added at a later date. 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Can't the excel spreadsheet be saved as HTML and then embedded into an html section?  

Helper VI
    Helper VI

Hello,

Thank your for contacting the GoDaddy community.

You should be able to upload your Excel file to OneDrive or Google Drive and then use the embed HTML code from the file after uploaded to use within the HTML plugin within GoCentral.

If you don't know how to do that, let me know and I'll send you a link on what needs to be done.

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
    Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

@davisdre317, Please send me the link

Helper VI
    Helper VI
    Solution

@Cranweb, sorry for the delay. I get busy with life sometimes.

Try these links for Embed files via OneDrive:

Try these links for embed files via Google Drive:

Follow those links > Generate the code > in the GoCentral, use the HTML plugin to place that code into it, and you should be good to go. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis

View solution in original post

Life happens.  Thanks for the information @davisdre317.  It worked perfectly!  I only had to add width="800" height="500" in order to show the entire sheet.  I haven't touched html in 10 years and Google sheets in 5, so I couldn't have done it without your help.

"use the HTML plugin" ?

Do you mean the "You can use this to inject HTML, CSS, & JavaScript into your site between the <Body> tags." page ?

I developed a table in Dreamweaver (been doin' this for a long time) and copied the code between the <body> tags into the "Custom Code" box, and the table doesn't show up in edge.

https://dee4aadusd.com/charter-schools

Well, I tried using the code from OneDrive (which makes an iframe) and that didn't work either.  Note-worthy is that all of these work-arounds do well in Chrome.  I finally just made a jpg from a screenshot and put that up.  Crude, but effective.

Helper VI
    Helper VI

@MrMarkSH, I don't know if you follow the Microsoft Edge developer site, but Edge does have an issue with the iFrame code. Click here to learn more about it. 

Since Microsoft Edge is now built-in the Windows 10 image, the new version of Edge that will have the fix you are needed will be in Windows 10 version 1809, which is currently back in testing since the original release of 1809 had a bug in it. 

If you are looking for that latest build, you can join the Windows Insider Program and receive all of the latest releases. Click here to learn more about it. 

Trust me I know its hard keeping up with the latest coding and web browsers as well.  Hopefully, the above information helps you with your web development journey. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis

I'm trying to list links to products listed elsewhere in a table on one page. Where do I start? I cannot find a table link anywhere in GoCentral - or whatever the name of the current editor is. HELP!